Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Jeff Bloovman & James Yeager talk Open Carry

Please Note: The poster was issued an infraction for this post.

Our thoughts on Open Carry vs. Concealed Carry.

Enjoy!

Viewer warning: F-Bombs & other cussing is featured throughout.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLLxk...1&feature=plcp
    Last edited by Jeffrey Bloovman; July 19th, 2012 at 02:06 PM.

(Mercer County)

Default Re: Jeff Bloovman & James Yeager talk Open Carry

Never heard of you. I'm supposed to care what you think because...?

You fail very hard in this video, and consequently you will be torn to shreds on this forum. We'll see how well you can back your statements up after ten to twelve pages of discussion. As soon as I can get back home to my computer, I will illustrate exactly how hard, and precisely why you fail.
    There's no such thing as a free lunch.

(Lebanon County)

Sorry, not even gonna watch it. I just don't get it. The operative word is CARRY, what does the meas of carry matter? No, I don't normally OC, but I have once or twice, not that it has any value to the debate. I just don't get it,, why are we dividing ourselves, don't the politicians and antis do enough of that for us? Non-Hunters Vs Hunter, OC Vs CC, anti Vs gun owner. In the words our founders Gentlemen, we must stand together, or surely we will hang separately.

(Allegheny County)

Why do people like this keep posting these stupid videos about their opinions on other people following the law? I'll bite my tongue since I have nothing nice to say on the matter.
    "Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take an ass whoopin'" -unknown

(Erie County)

some very good perspectives about whether or not its practical or tactical as others have hit me up on it... i guess that one stat of 1 of 5 officers die by thier own weapon stat...not sure how true that is..but then again also...they HAVE TO go into situations every day where there is a potential for resistance so to a point this stat dont apply to normal carry. but still , makes me think about my real purpose to OC'ing
    Last edited by chrisjp; July 19th, 2012 at 02:29 PM.
    live to ride

It was mentioned in the video that the OCers usually usually start into the name calling. Not something I have experienced especially on forums. The diehard CC guys (a lot of them active or former police officers) will take it upon themselves to spout all kinds of crap including name calling whenever they get the chance or the topic of OC even is remotely mentioned.

I primarily carry concealed in public because of two reasons 1) Cops and people that do not know the law 2) Being bothered by those in reason one. I just don't want to deal with either of them especially the cop. What I'm doing is legal leave me alone. Period, end of story.

As far as comfort I have good holsters both Hybrid IWB, Kydex IWB and several OWB holsters. These are quality name brand holsters not Fobus or Uncle Mikes. OWB is still more comfortable for me and I have tried many kinds of holsters both IWB and OWB as mentioned. So the assumption that IWB is just as comfortable as OWB is completely false for me. I wear a shirt that covers the gun but a lot are not long enough to completely cover the holster, you can sometimes see the very bottom of the holster. I don't sweat it most people are oblivious to their surrounds anyway so a flash of the bottom of the holster is not my concern.

So people can repeatably post what their opinion on OC vs CC or IWB vs OWB I really don't care. I know where I stand on the subject and you want to OC god bless. I have seen vids where JY discusses OC before and I really do not see the need for the repetitive vids on OC.

I guess that one stat of 1 of 5 officers die by thier own weapon stat.
    Is something stopping them from carrying concealed on the job? If it is so much of advantage and so much safer to CC then how about the boys in blue lead by example....
    Last edited by dkf; July 19th, 2012 at 02:51 PM.

(Philadelphia County)

I look forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by sprrdhawk44 View Post
    Never heard of you. I'm supposed to care what you think because...?

You fail very hard in this video, and consequently you will be torn to shreds on this forum. We'll see how well you can back your statements up after ten to twelve pages of discussion. As soon as I can get back home to my computer, I will illustrate exactly how hard, and precisely why you fail.

(Allegheny County)

OMG this day has finally arrived!

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinM View Post
    OMG this day has finally arrived!
    Is it the day I need to grab my rifle and run outside?
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

I stopped watching after Jeff expressed his opinion that he could not understand how open carry could be more comfortable. If something as subjective as that is beyond you Jeff, I doubt very much that there is anything else you have to say that would be of interest or value, at least to me. I've got enough stuffed into my pants already that I don't need a gun in there too.

I will warn everyone now. In my opinion, this thread was started with no other goal than to incite an OC/CC debate. If it turns into a free for all, I will close it and hand out infractions like candy at a parade. Keep it civil.

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast