Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default M&P Shield 9MM Update?

Hello all! Keeping on my list this pistol but waiting for any issues before I purchase and more opinions.

So for those of you that have purchased one - how do you like it so far?
    I do not know anyone that owns one to try shooting it unfortunately, but as I really like our M&P full size 9mms, I think this would be a good carry gun over my heavy revolver.

Thanks,

(Centre County)

Default Re: M&P Shield 9MM Update?

I like it, but the slimness of the grip is a little too thin for my hands. It's perfect for my wife, though, being slightly larger than the LC9 but smaller than my SR9c. If it fits your hand, go for it. I've yet to have any problems with any ammo.
    "Cave Johnson. We're done here."

Smile Re: M&P Shield 9MM Update?

I had the forsight that when the Shield was available at my LGS,I bought two in 9mm,but traded one recently for a Browning Medallion like new,that said these guns are flawless accurate short trigger and a pleasure to CCW,so much so I got the 40S&W also and they are so in demand I got $250 more in trade value than what I paid for it.To be honest if I see another one in 9mm I would buy that also if not just for the increase in value.good luck,the Shield is an absolute winner !

(Somerset County)

I have had one for about 3 months now. Its absloutly my faviorite carry gun now and it goes everywhere with me. Its very easy to carry being slim and light, It has functioned 100% so far with 5 different types of ammo. I have about 300 rounds through it and it is as accurate as I can make it so I love it and would recomend it to anyone wanting to carry a gun bigger than 380 this is the best choice out there.

(Bucks County)

Do the shields have internal locks on them?

@ 7 yds., 2" groups., front sights.-- @ 25 yds. hitting 6" steel plates, when i use the sights. put a lazermax on it, which wouldn`t adjust, sent it back, was keyholeing the target at 15 yds. but not a 9mm.

(Bucks County)

My 9mm Shield is great. It is light, accurate and has low recoil. I've owned it for a couple months and put about 250 rounds thru it. I have big hands so I usually put Hogue grips on my pistols, but the Shield fitted perfectly in my hands right out of the box. Even with the 7 round mag, I get a good purchase on the pistol. If it fits right in your hands, I would highly recommend it.

(Bucks County)

Spec4: If you want to try my Shield, we can meet at Classic Pistol one day after work. Send me a private message

Smile Re: M&P Shield 9MM Update?

Since this gun has a lot of interest and rightfully so I made inquirys for friends and members about the availability,S&W has told me that 60 % of all calls are perttaining to the New S&W Shield,while they are producing as many as they can productive wise it will still be a bit of a wait,but they are coming and increasing their production.Thats all I could get out of S&W,They are not holding to increase prices as some have thought ! The Shield is Worth waiting for.Hope this helps our members here.

(Berks County)

I've got one in 9mm and love it. My local shop always has at least one shield in it's display case.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast