Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: forced to disarm at Lehigh Valley Driver License Center

I don't know. I guess I'll go back in and ask who makes that decision at that location. There is a fellow working there who I worked with in another industry in the late 80s. If I can get his attention, I will see who put the decal on the window. Last time I was there was May 2012 and I honestly don't remember whether it was there or not.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by jim-analog View Post
    Greetings,

That's really interesting; thanks for posting. I did my DL renewal there (Dublin) in April, saw no sign and OC'd the entire time I was there. No mention or issues at all. Wonder what caused the sign to be put up???

Regards, Jim
    ^^^
    Maybe someone got their panties in a twist after seeing you??? Way to go! (j/k)

(Bucks County)

Greetings,

Yup, there I go screwing things up for everyone else again! Sorry.........

Regards, Jim

Quote Originally Posted by SwampFoxZ71 View Post
    ^^^
    Maybe someone got their panties in a twist after seeing you??? Way to go! (j/k)

Quote Originally Posted by jim-analog View Post
    Greetings,

That's really interesting; thanks for posting. I did my DL renewal there (Dublin) in April, saw no sign and OC'd the entire time I was there. No mention or issues at all. Wonder what caused the sign to be put up???

Regards, Jim
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperGTS19801 View Post
    So, in other words, because it is not expressly written as being prohibited, and because it's above the level of Title 18, so to speak, it's defacto allowed, and the only people with the authority to outlaw it are those who write the laws, not the people who work in the locations operated by the State?

It's weird how similar that is to preemption, except that all they would need to do to change it is to write the prohibition into law.
    "show me the law" is easier. If they can't document the law that you are supposedly violating ,then they are attempting to violate your civil liberties. The next person to go should take a video/audio recording device

(Delaware County)

NECROPOST!!

Was there ever a resolution to this? I'm going into the DMV today ( I'm currently sitting in the parking lot waiting for my fiance to bring my checkbook since apparently PennDOT doesn't believe in cash or credit cards) and I'm trying to decide whether or not I should give the no gun sticker on the door any credit.
    Junior

(Bucks County)

NECROPOST!!

Was there ever a resolution to this? I'm going into the DMV today ( I'm currently sitting in the parking lot waiting for my fiance to bring my checkbook since apparently PennDOT doesn't believe in cash or credit cards) and I'm trying to decide whether or not I should give the no gun sticker on the door any credit.
    Not much help, but I went to the Easton DL center 3 weeks ago when my step son took his driving test. There was a no gun sticker. The examiner was from Chalfont, so we struck up a friendly conversation, suggested I go in and sit while they do their thing. I purposely let him know I was armed, and he said "not that I care, but they get all jinky in there over something like that!" Being a beautiful day, I sat on the bench in front of the place and waited.

(Juniata County)

NECROPOST!!

I have not heard that it is, and I get the impression the DMV is refusing to deal with it because they know their very much in the wrong. They think we'll just go away.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Delaware County)

Sigh. Alright, I'll jump back on it. I'd like to get a final answer that isn't us being blown off.
    Junior

thanks viper.

last time i was in the snydersville there were no anti gun signs. they did notice i was carrying, no more than the usual encounter questions.
    there was a no cellphone sign iirc. so no audio/video.?
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by fallenleader View Post
    thanks viper.

last time i was in the snydersville there were no anti gun signs. they did notice i was carrying, no more than the usual encounter questions.
    there was a no cellphone sign iirc. so no audio/video.?
    Are you suggesting a cellphone is the only way to record something? My ballpoint pen pocket recorder worked just fine for me during... discussions... with SEPTA PD on the train platform.

Unfortunately, given that PA is a 2-party state, it is quite likely that any recording device flying under immediate radar would be operating illegally because the employees can't give/deny permission without knowing it's there, and the "police in public performance of duties" ain't gonna cut it in the DL center.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast