Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Default Re: forced to disarm at Lehigh Valley Driver License Center

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.K View Post
    Are you suggesting a cellphone is the only way to record something? My ballpoint pen pocket recorder worked just fine for me during... discussions... with SEPTA PD on the train platform.

Unfortunately, given that PA is a 2-party state, it is quite likely that any recording device flying under immediate radar would be operating illegally because the employees can't give/deny permission without knowing it's there, and the "police in public performance of duties" ain't gonna cut it in the DL center.
    imagine the no cellphone sign was posted in regards to audio/video capabilities more than torture, making you wait 3 hours with no entertainment. probably has mostly to do with test cheating.
    i have never seen enforcement of the "rule" either. so was mostly commenting on their signage.

also, on recording laws. i was under the impression that legality was less of an issue than the ability for it to be used in specific manners. it is ok to record things depending on how it will be used. maybe i'm wrong.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by fallenleader View Post
    imagine the no cellphone sign was posted in regards to audio/video capabilities more than torture, making you wait 3 hours with no entertainment. probably has mostly to do with test cheating.
    i have never seen enforcement of the "rule" either. so was mostly commenting on their signage.

also, on recording laws. i was under the impression that legality was less of an issue than the ability for it to be used in specific manners. it is ok to record things depending on how it will be used. maybe i'm wrong.
    PA's statutes regarding "electronic interception" limit recording, not just further disclosure of recordings. Here's a link to the statutes: http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/...&div=0&chpt=57

There are certain exceptions established by statute and case aw, the most general being that it is not illegal to record a communication when there is "no reasonable expectation of privacy". What that means in practice has been the subject of several court cases. (Recording an on-duty police officer speaking openly in a public place is unequivocally legal, which is what Sgt.K was referring to.)
    I am not a lawyer. Nothing I say or write is legal advice.

ty
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Delaware County)

Many moons ago (I won't say how many) when I practiced martial arts the instructor use to tell us to be discreet. Not to wear clothes with a MA logo etc and most importantly always be aware of your surroundings. Keep the element of surprise on your side. To this day I carry his wise advice with me. I don't put NRA stickers and such on my cars to invite trouble, a challenge or someone to break into my car to see if maybe I have a firearm stored in there. I've been carrying concealed for 18+ years now. I have friends and family that don't know I pack. [Here's where I may ruffle a few feathers] I never OC. period. I was never one to call attention to myself nor do I possibly want to take a chance and be shot by some over zealous "rent a cop", LEO or drugged up armed bad guy who sees me with a gun on my hip and thinks I am LEO. Just my opinion so please don't get all bent out of shape, post nasty remarks or send me fan mail because I don't agree with OC. For some of you folks who live in the country OC may work for you but when you live outside of Philly and work in Philly - your mindset is very different. Cheers!

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by PistolFan View Post
    [Here's where I may ruffle a few feathers] I never OC. period.
    So how do you feel about one in the chamber?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

Vanilla or chocolate?
    the issue here is NOT what your choice of carry is, the problem is either is perfectly legal, and people who choose to carry a firearm legally are being forced to disarm "for the greater good " mentality.
    We are NOT second class citizens nor are we criminals.
    Yet here we are, forced by government agencies to disarm prior to lawful entry, so the people in general may feel safer in their little cocoon of whatever they call reality.
    You walk in CC you are just as villlified as if you walk in OC. Its an infringement either way, By the people who we employ with our taxes.
    To me its just as hypocritical as the bill that "allows" government elected officials to be armed in places where the average citizen is not.
    Last edited by bigandy1966; July 18th, 2017 at 06:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gun View Post
    So how do you feel about one in the chamber?
    .45 or 9mm?

1911 or Glock?

Why do so many people think oc is about showing off?
    Why can't I just oc because I don't want a hot ass gun sticking to my dunlap in 90 degree weather?

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by pacodelahoya View Post
    Why can't I just oc because I don't want a hot ass gun sticking to my dunlap in 90 degree weather?
    winner.gif

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by PistolFan View Post
    Many moons ago (I won't say how many) when I practiced martial arts the instructor use to tell us to be discreet. Not to wear clothes with a MA logo etc and most importantly always be aware of your surroundings. Keep the element of surprise on your side. To this day I carry his wise advice with me. I don't put NRA stickers and such on my cars to invite trouble, a challenge or someone to break into my car to see if maybe I have a firearm stored in there. I've been carrying concealed for 18+ years now. I have friends and family that don't know I pack. [Here's where I may ruffle a few feathers] I never OC. period. I was never one to call attention to myself nor do I possibly want to take a chance and be shot by some over zealous "rent a cop", LEO or drugged up armed bad guy who sees me with a gun on my hip and thinks I am LEO. Just my opinion so please don't get all bent out of shape, post nasty remarks or send me fan mail because I don't agree with OC. For some of you folks who live in the country OC may work for you but when you live outside of Philly and work in Philly - your mindset is very different. Cheers!
    This logic just goes right past some people.
    Also, what we CAN do and what we SHOULD do are sometimes different things.

Quote Originally Posted by FJW View Post
    This logic just goes right past some people.
    Also, what we CAN do and what we SHOULD do are sometimes different things.
    Oh brother.
    Go sell crazy some where else, we're all stocked up here.

Political power grows from the muzzle of a gun.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast