Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Help Needed!

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Help Needed!

Quote Originally Posted by CL3 View Post
    I don't know if this was mentioned, but if the guns are important to you, why would your sister get rid of them, regardless of whether or not you have 100% ownership of them? Couldn't you equally argue to the DA here that you own 50% and therefore need to give approval to sell?
    Her and i have not been getting along recently and she has never liked firearms and frankly i think she is a bit jealous/bitter that my father and i had a better relationship. Dont get me wrong he treated her like gold, but guys do guy things lol.

I am sure i could argue to the DA that there 50/50 but wouldnt the outcome likely be get them appraosed and 50% of them in a $ amount goes to each or the firearms. I dont want to part with any. It alsO does not help that she is a DA....

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Chip W View Post
    If I'm reading the posts correctly the Estate is done with. You had the guns in your possession prior to your Fathers passing. You've since moved into your Dads house, where your sister already resided. At the time of his passing you already having legal possession of the firearms was a non issue. She is anti and wants the guns out of the house. Is this correct or am I interpreting it incorrectly?
    If I am correct then paper trails aren't the problem, residing with your sister is. Either she sucks it up and deals with you responsibly owning and keeping firearms in that house or one of you moves out and you fight it out over who pays who for their share of the house.
    YOUVE GOT IT ALL RIGHT! But getting her to admit her being wrong is not possible. It has crossed my mind to tell her bite me, and buy me out. Problem is that i built the house piece by piece with my father making that hard to part.

(Delaware County)

I am not sure of the problem. If the estate is settled what is her argument?

I may be completly wrong but 27 seems a little young to be an assistant DA or is every lawyer who works in the DA's office considered an assistant da. Sorry to go off track.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Lawrence County)

Quote Originally Posted by AvidShooter1100 View Post
    I am sure i could argue to the DA that there 50/50 but wouldnt the outcome likely be get them appraosed and 50% of them in a $ amount goes to each or the firearms. I dont want to part with any. It alsO does not help that she is a DA....
    Why would you argue to the DA that you and your sister own the guns???? You said your father gave them to you before he passed. They were never part of the estate, they were yours. You're not making a lot of sense. Is your sister entitled to half the value of the bicycle your parents gave you on your 10th birthday?

(Erie County)

as a man that has a illogical wife and annoying sister... your best answer is "guns....what guns?"
    live to ride

(Butler County)

She's an attorney and was executor to the estate. She knew the guns were gifted and did not include them in the estate settlement.

She's afraid of guns and having them in the house. Sounds to me this is really about one roommate telling another roommate what possessions they can have in the house.

The first thing to establish with her is the ownership. If she says joint you need legal advice. If she agrees you own them you might read all the previous threads about living with a anti roommate/girl friend/wife.

Quote Originally Posted by AvidShooter1100 View Post
    this post is confusing. if your father gave you the gun before he passed, then it is yours not 50/50. if your sister doesn't like it then too effing bad. just because you guys get 50% of the estate that doesn't mean that the guns that were giving to you before your dad passed is part of it.. look at it this way, if your dad gave you $100 before he died and you guys get 50% of the estates. it doesn't mean that she has the rights to any of the $100 he gave you before then. i think she is pushing her weight around knowing damn well that you have no clue to the laws. but then again talk to a lawyer(not your sister tho..lol), best of luck

As long as you're telling us the whole story, I don't see how she has a leg to stand on here. Lock the guns up, take them elsewhere for the time being or whatever. Out of sight, out of mind. If she's hurting for money and is looking at the guns as easy money, then you've got to just tell her they aren't for sale because they were given to you. Move 'em, lock 'em up. She's a lawyer. She knows where she stands.

Effin' family sometimes. I swear.

Whoops, double post?

(Bucks County)

It sounds to me like you are intimidated by your sister being a lawyer.
    She has no claim whatever on those firearms, assuming things are as you describe.

My advice would be to tell her to pound salt- and stop pestering you. It would probably be in your best interest to buy her out on the house, too.
    Crusader's local #556 South Central Asia chapter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast