Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Default Arsenal, ---what isl

What is an arsenal in PA? Is there a limit to the number of guns a person may own?

The reason I ask is this mornings news. A NJ doctor who has a Federal License as a dealer got raided. He was not operating a store at the time. Last night they raided his storage bin and found several storage bins full of guns.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhra
    What is an arsenal in PA? Is there a limit to the number of guns a person may own?

The reason I ask is this mornings news. A NJ doctor who has a Federal License as a dealer got raided. He was not operating a store at the time. Last night they raided his storage bin and found several storage bins full of guns.
    I don't believe PA has anything on the books about how many guns you can own. At one point the Brady Bunch was trying to pass a federal law that would require you to apply for a federal "arsenal" permit if you had more than X guns but that thankfully died a well deserved death and never came into being.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhra

Unfortunately, I've heard very little about that raid. I did see a quick vid on the evening news, but I'd love to hear the real story. Hopefully we'll get a chance to find out.
    Mike(starblazer)
    USAF vet. NRA life member. GOA life member.

(Bucks County)

this is sort of unrelated, but when you buy a gun is there a registry with your name and the guns serial number in it?

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by JamesBrown
    this is sort of unrelated, but when you buy a gun is there a registry with your name and the guns serial number in it?
    i think handguns are listed in some sort of register.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by JamesBrown
    The PA State Police maintain an unlawful (in direct violation of state law) registry of handgun transfers. They've been sued repeatedly; the courts keep saying "if it solves one crime..." Of course, it's solved no crimes and just infringed our rights and broken the law.