Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Glock 30 - recomendation on typical price and typical issues to watch out for

Hello all. New in the Glockland...looking into purchasing a Glock 30. What would be a typical price for a nicely used one - Gen2 and/or Gen3? Also, what are some of the things to look out for?
    I am seeing a new Gen3 for $570 - Is it appropriately priced?

Any feedback is highly appreciated.

(Lycoming County)

Default Re: Glock 30 - recomendation on typical price and typical issues to watch out for

Nothing really to look out for that I know of, I had a gen 3 G30 and it shot just fine and was a really soft shooter when it came to recoil just a bit too thick to carry for me.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Glock 30 - recomendation on typical price and typical issues to watch out for

i think 570 is too much money by about 50 bucks. checkout surplus city guns or tanners for the best price on glocks. both shops are less than an hour drive from anywhere in philly. there's nothing to really look out for when it comes to glocks except paying to much for one when you can buy it cheaper elsewhere. used glock 30's usually run about 400+/- depending on condition.

(Bucks County)

I was lucky enough to buy a genertation 3 Glock 30 in a private sale for $325.00 three years ago. It shoots great and after about 800 rounds through it, I have had no issues. My son bought a generation 3 Glock 30 in really excellent condition (looks as if it was never fired) two years ago from American Guns in Colmar for $400.00. Along with Tanners, Surplus City, and American Guns, if you can do the hour plus drive to Slatington (north of Allentown) you may want to check out AF Boyers Hardware. It is an old fashion hardware store that has a great gun loft with a good selection of new and used. I was looking for a Glock 26 several years ago and Boyers had new ones for $499.95. When I got there I bought a used one in excellent condition for $360.00. I called Glock to get the date it was made and it was only 6 months old. You can call them and see what they have in stock. It may be worth the drive to save some money.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by wellcraft View Post
    i think 570 is too much money by about 50 bucks. checkout surplus city guns or tanners for the best price on glocks. both shops are less than an hour drive from anywhere in philly. there's nothing to really look out for when it comes to glocks except paying to much for one when you can buy it cheaper elsewhere. used glock 30's usually run about 400+/- depending on condition.
    Hey wellcraft, incidently that's where I got the 570 price - Surplus C. There was a Gen2 30 for 450 but in a somewhat of a poor shape... Is it possible these went up in price? i was told that they never price 30s below 450. I have zero reason to not trust the guys in Surplus - they were always great at pricing and getting me great deals... but figure i'd still check around. Not in too much of a hurry...

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by chiefdjs View Post
    I was lucky enough to buy a genertation 3 Glock 30 in a private sale for $325.00 three years ago. It shoots great and after about 800 rounds through it, I have had no issues. My son bought a generation 3 Glock 30 in really excellent condition (looks as if it was never fired) two years ago from American Guns in Colmar for $400.00. Along with Tanners, Surplus City, and American Guns, if you can do the hour plus drive to Slatington (north of Allentown) you may want to check out AF Boyers Hardware. It is an old fashion hardware store that has a great gun loft with a good selection of new and used. I was looking for a Glock 26 several years ago and Boyers had new ones for $499.95. When I got there I bought a used one in excellent condition for $360.00. I called Glock to get the date it was made and it was only 6 months old. You can call them and see what they have in stock. It may be worth the drive to save some money.
    I drive to a public range in Jim Thorpe once in a while, also camping in that area quite often, and keep hearing about the AF Boyers Hardware which is somewhat close to that area. Thanks for a good idea, I will call and check with them... Prices sound great. Getting there in my truck would probobly cost me a tank of gas though which will eat up the difference in pricing but i can include the visit with my trip to the range

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by mracer71 View Post
    Hey wellcraft, incidently that's where I got the 570 price - Surplus C. There was a Gen2 30 for 450 but in a somewhat of a poor shape... Is it possible these went up in price? i was told that they never price 30s below 450. I have zero reason to not trust the guys in Surplus - they were always great at pricing and getting me great deals... but figure i'd still check around. Not in too much of a hurry...
    maybe their prices went up....i bought a NIB glock 19 with the finish that looks like stainless steel a year ago at surplus city and it cost me $529 OTD. if they want 570 for the G30 i recommend you checkout tanners or maybe even classic pistol. CP prices are a little higher but i've got some great deals there in the past, like a mint stainless steel Colt Delta Elite in 10mm for 650 OTD.

(Lancaster County)

I recommend the G30 without a doubt. It is very difficult to CC though. It's a bit heavy too, however, knowing I have that firepower is worth buying an extra size in my shirts and pants. I love it.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by blade0414 View Post
    I recommend the G30 without a doubt. It is very difficult to CC though. It's a bit heavy too, however, knowing I have that firepower is worth buying an extra size in my shirts and pants. I love it.
    Well, I currently carry a makarov or a J-frame... neither are light or nearly as potent as G30, although both are reliable, somewhat archaic... fun shooters as well. Being a fan of vintage stuff, I am re-arming to a more modern standard for daily carry and more aggressive training. I am looking for that fine balance of carry vs. practical shooting in a weapon. Kel-tec for exampe is great to carry, but practicing is a pain with it - for me anyway.
    I realize that G30 is a larger and heavier one than G36... but its capacity makes sense to me...
    With all being said ( carry vs. practical shooting ) what else would you guys reccomend for about the same price range as G30 in the same cal. - 45?

(Bucks County)

I am very happy with my G30. I usually carry it IWB to the right of the middle of my back with a shirt over it.

I normally carry a G 26 either on the ankle or IWB the same was as the G30under a shirt. If I will working in a very bad area in a major city, I will go the extra weight and carry the G30.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast