Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Bucks county residents SHTF plan group

Quote Originally Posted by cakeshooter View Post
    I wouldn't be interested in regular meetings...however, if something terrible did happen, I would be willing to help/be helped/mutual helping with others on the forum in my area.

Although...my gut says if anything happens...we're all going to be fleeing west....because we live VERY close, here in Bucks, to the NYC/Philly/DC area, none of which would even be livable in case of a nuke or biological attack. We here in Bucks county need people in Western PA to help, when you think about it! They are much safer out there!
    I wouldn't plan on having a bunch of meetings. Having people meet each other in person helps with building trust. A lot of us here have never meet in person. I have meet a few members and most have been really cool.

(Bucks County)

What is the mission of the group? If an all-out civil war or full economic collapse occurs, are we all going to meet at some predetermined place and set up camp? I'm interested in the idea, I just want to know a little more about what you are proposing. Also it couldn't hurt to keep most of this discussion in pm's just for opsec.

(Lancaster County)

I'd interested in coming down to help out with ideas, and then see if I could get something started up here.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Bucks County)

The important thing would be to figure out WHAT would happen to require something like this.

Any sort of major attack would, as I said, require a massive move west. Which could require volunteering from our western PA members.

An economic collapse, though, would enable the local groups to help each other out in our current areas, although other than sharing garden produce and sharing ammo to protect against riots....not sure what else there is to do.
    "Stupid people are ruining America." --Herman Cain

(Montgomery County)

If something bad happens, I'm jumping on the Turnpike *hopefully* before most everyone else does, and speeding west.
    Or possibly north to Canada. Depending on where the "bad thing" happens.
    And go where? Live where? With what money? What food supplies will you have when you hop on the turnpike?

I think that is some of what the OP might want to discuss. What if its just a week long/month long power outage. Banking system crashes, you can't access your savings/checkings.. Still running west, hope you have enough gas in the car.. Bad storms and the major roadways are shutdown and you are stuck with only being able to travel by foot/locally...

Maybe "shit" needs to be defined, it can be just about anything for a lot of people..

Just like being prepared for zombies..
    The problem with shooting Chinese bullets is 15 minutes later you wanna shoot again.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pkspawn View Post
    And go where? Live where? With what money? What food supplies will you have when you hope on the turnpike?

I think that is some of what the OP might want to discuss. What if its just a week long/month long power outage. Banking system crashes, you can't access your savings/checkings.. Still running west, hope you have enough gas in the car.. Bad storms and the major roadways are shutdown and you are stuck with only being able to travel by foot/locally...

Maybe "shit" needs to be defined, it can be just about anything for a lot of people..

Just like being prepared for zombies..
    Hmm...yeah. I guess I was thinking the trip "west" would be far enough to get away from the nuke/bio.....and then start calling family or friends and figure it out from there. I have family scattered all over, but all in VERY long drives away. haha. (Utah, Alaska, Indiana, Texas...and Hawaii, actually, which of course isn't a drive...)

Good points with the other disasters though. Hm.
    "Stupid people are ruining America." --Herman Cain

(Lancaster County)

If something bad happens, I'm jumping on the Turnpike *hopefully* before most everyone else does, and speeding west.

Or possibly north to Canada. Depending on where the "bad thing" happens.
    You might want to rethink your plan about jumping on the Turnpike.

Many years ago we were heading to Altoona and were on the uphill climb out of Sideling Hill and then down into Breezewood. It was snowing since we had left Lancaster so the roads were already pretty bad. A Mayonnaise truck heading down the hill jackknifed and spilled it's entire load. 14 more trucks crashed as the road was now super slick from the mayonnaise and ice.

We were stuck along side the turnpike for more than 6 hours. The Red Cross was called out and were accessing the highway from a side road handing out coffee and donuts to the stopped traffic. We couldn't even turn around to go anywhere.

Now that was on the road during the snow with minimal traffic because of the weather, imagine that 1000 fold if something bad were to really happen and everyone else is fleeing too.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Bucks County)

a good idea. but, i'd recommend forming clusters. somewhere you could meet within a time period. say 15 minutes.

have each "area" have a way to communicate. maybe have each person be assigned to have one particular item at the ready (weatherband radio, etc.)

just my .02

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by mike231 View Post
    I want to say I'm not looking to form a milita. The idea of this is to talk about what to do if something bad happens.
    I didnt think you were. I would be interested as long as people go into it knowing that it isn't that at all. No need for a conspiracy theory party.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    You might want to rethink your plan about jumping on the Turnpike.

Many years ago we were heading to Altoona and were on the uphill climb out of Sideling Hill and then down into Breezewood. It was snowing since we had left Lancaster so the roads were already pretty bad. A Mayonnaise truck heading down the hill jackknifed and spilled it's entire load. 14 more trucks crashed as the road was now super slick from the mayonnaise and ice.

We were stuck along side the turnpike for more than 6 hours. The Red Cross was called out and were accessing the highway from a side road handing out coffee and donuts to the stopped traffic. We couldn't even turn around to go anywhere.

Now that was on the road during the snow with minimal traffic because of the weather, imagine that 1000 fold if something bad were to really happen and everyone else is fleeing too.
    toally agree. the tpk would probably be shut down to all but emergency vehicles if it was that bad.

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast