Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Franklin County)

Default Shooter's Delight in Chambersburg

I stopped in yesterday for my first visit since the weather boded of rain. I was unaware of this indoor range until a couple days ago. The guy behind the counter was very nice and gave me a personal review of the range and rules. Nice guy.

Anyway, I like the fact you can bring your own supplies and shoot. Most indoor ranges I have visited require you to buy their ammo at a premium. Probably due to lead issues. You can buy targets there very reasonably and the cost to shoot per hour is very reasonable. The range is open every day except Monday.

There is a selection of rentals that is pretty good IMO for what is obviously a lower budget operation. The range is clean and well maintained and ventilated. There was no climate control, but yesterday was a fairly nice day and I enjoyed my range time with a couple of my revolvers and my new Sig 2022 (maybe the best value in firearms today...the thing shot incredibly well with no FTF, FTE or problem of any kind with 4 different factory loads as well as my own handloads).

If you re-load and do not mind loading range pickups, Shooter's Delight has reasonable prices in quanities of 1000 for most popular rounds.

.22 rimfire and AR 223 are also allowed on the rifle range.

I had a very good experience and highly recommend this range.
    Too many guns?

(Franklin County)

Default Re: Shooter's Delight in Chambersburg

Agreed~~I enjoy it every time I go..just never seems to be anyone there when I'm there so hope he is able to keep it going (and maybe I just go at the wrong times).
    USMC 2/10 1982-85
    ~REMEMBER FT. HOOD~

(Cumberland County)

I've been there a couple times. I was a first time shooter a few months ago and the guy there offered to teach me a few things. I think his name is Kenny.

I bought ammo there last time and the price was pretty average for what you get at Walmart or cabelllas. The range rates are very very reasonable. Especially compared to the indoor range in York. Shooter's Delight is $6 for a half hour. York is about $15 I think.

Anyone know how much rentals are? I want to try out some semi-autos before I buy one. I only have my revolver right now.

(Franklin County)

Do they have a list of what they offer with prices?

(Franklin County)

i was just there about 3 weeks ago and the guy behind the counter was very friendly and show me around the prices r reasonable and there prices for the rentals of guns seem very reasonable i think the one gentile men from md that was there asking questions about that to was starting with all you needed was about 20.00 dollars that included gun ammo target and hearing protection this was for a 22 cal. but he said the price ranges due to the ammo and the type of gun