Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: North Carolina

Default Re: North Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by craigc View Post
    I know my LTCF is good also as is OC but has anyone experienced any issues down there? We are headed to Boonce and eventualy treking Ft. Bragg/Fayettenam.
    I escaped a potential issue on my last visit to NC. Went to visit an ex-Marine buddy and do some shooting with him. On Saturday, his mother took us to lunch at a Red Lobster. When we got there I started to unholster my pistol to tuck it under the seat of the car and my (alleged) friend said, "You don't need to do that. You can carry, it's cool." So I carried.

Fortunately, nothing happened. After the visit I reviewed the laws and realized that I was correct. Red Lobster serves alcohol; carry is (or was at that time) illegal per NC state law. I mentioned this to my buddy and his approach really pis$ed me off. He said he doesn't worry about laws, he carries everywhere, and 'I've never had a problem."

That's fine for him, but I'd rather make my own decision about whether or not to break a law that could make me a prohibited person for life. I don't like being sandbagged by my friends.

(Chester County)

Thanks for the replies I'll have to re-read their AGs site as I musta missed the part about places that serve adult beverages.Something wrong with my computer that keeps giving me a runtime error and won't let me past handgunlaws main page.

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by vavulaka View Post
    Yeah careful there. I was there for a wedding and couldn't carry because the wedding was in a restaurant where alcohol was served.

Also if you carry in any "gather" that exceeds 50 people - you can't carry.

Now please don't take this to be gospel truth. I am paraphrasing so please look all this stuff up. there are plenty of great websites with a lot of good information.
    Can anyone confirm this is still the case? I've been doing some research because I'm heading down there for a wedding in a few months... looks, from what I can find, that it is still the case. So this mean's I can't even go to a frickin Applebee's or some other place that doesn't specialize in, but serves alcohol?? That's what I gather anyway... pretty lame.

...especially considering the wedding will probably be breaking both the "gather" restrictions and "alcohol" restrictions if it's in a venue... I always assumed NC was a pretty free state, but after researching more, it's clear they are free'er than NJ and NY, but nowhere near where they should be... or even a PA level...

ETA: In an apparent updated version of laws, it seems like 14-269.3 (prohibited in alcohol serving place) doesn't apply due to 14-415.24 (having a recip ltcf from another state)...? So as long as I'm not drinking at the time of carrying (14-415.11), I should be OK..?
    Last edited by NikeBauer21; August 25th, 2017 at 09:54 AM.
    III%

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12