Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: The (slow) evolution of my AR-15.

Quote Originally Posted by QuackXP View Post
    Version 1.0 of the rifle as a defensive tool is complete.

The base rifle is a Colt LE6920, in 2012 this model came with a Colt specific version of the Rogers Super-Stoc.

I have added onto the rifle the following:

Magpul MOE Grip - I did not like the notch in the factory A2 style grip so this is what I replaced it with.

Blue Force Gear Vickers Sling - Mounted to the rear via the QD attachment that came with rifle. On the handguard is a Zahal Wide Velcro Strap Sling Adapter and a MASH hook. Special thanks to Splittiebus66 and Misery Loves Shotguns for their unsolicited donation of the Velcro Strap and MASH hook.

Aimpoint PRO - Used wth the included QRP2 mount. For a BUIS I used a LMT Tactical Adjustable Rear Sight

SureFire G2X Tactical - Mounted with a Midwest Industries MI Tactical Light Mount and Vltor SM-I Scout Mount.

Version 2.0 Would include a modular free float handguard, 12:00 mounted light, AFG2 and possibly a Redi-Mag.
    Forget the redi-mag, those things are almost as gay as BAD levers. Spend the money on a good trigger...and some sort of muzzle device.
    Last edited by animalmother85; April 28th, 2014 at 10:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post
    Official Gun Bully and corn flakes pisser inner since March 2007.

(Wayne County)

I always sleep with my guns when you are gone

(Allegheny County)

The latest update.

Replaced the Zahal Wide Velcro Strap Sling Adapter with the narrow one from the same company. - The old one was staring to come appart after five years. I had originally planned to add a Magpul M-LOK QD Quick-Disconnect Sling Mount on the same side as the tape switch. But there was not enough room on the carbine length handguard with the tape switch. The narrow one fits better than the wide one did and takes up less room.

Replaced the LMT Tactical Adjustable Rear Sight with a Magpull MBUS flip up rear sight. - De-clutters the sight picture with the Aimpoint PRO given the OEM mount is not a true 1/3 co-witness.

Replaced the stock handguard with a Magpul MOE SL Handguard. During this process I removed the stock front sling mount point that was not being used. - I did this so I could install an AFG and a tape switch as well as have a smaller handguard.

Replaced the Midwest Industries MI Tactical Light Mount and Vltor SM-I Scout Mount with a Arisaka Inline Ring Mount. - I could not remount the MI/Vltor mount on the FSB because of clearance issues with the new handguard.

Added a Magpul M-LOK AFG - Angled Fore Grip - After trying the M-LOK version that fit and gave me a better grip and allows me to push back a bit with my support hand.

Added a Surefire XM07 Remote Dual Switch Tailcap Assembly for WeaponLights and Magpul M-LOK Tape Switch Mounting Plate Surefire ST. - This allows an more initiative way to activate the light momentarily as well as turn it on.

Added a CONDOR Buttstock 5.56 Magazine Pouch - The Red-Mag option i previously posted about seemed overly complicated and costly compared to this.

This is possibly as far as it goes with this rifle. If I would go through the trouble of swapping out the handguard for a free float one id still be using the carbine length gas system. After shooting some nice mid-length systems I like them better. So next upgrade might be a new upper/rifle.
    Last edited by QuackXP; August 5th, 2019 at 05:15 PM.
    "No, it's just a machine. I'm the weapon." - Jack Harper in Oblivion

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234