Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: The (slow) evolution of my AR-15.

...what about a good trigger?
    Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post
    Official Gun Bully and corn flakes pisser inner since March 2007.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Splittiebus66 View Post
    I've gone away from the Mossie mount. It's OK if nothing else will work ( i.e a LEO who cannot modify their gun) , but if you want to actually train with some decent round counts at night forget about it. I abandoned it after shooting through a few hundred rounds one night up at Star valley due to heat and comfort issues.

For the sling mount I highly recommend the fat Velcro one from Zahal.org, I have one on my BCM and had one on the Colt when it had it's regular handguards. They are pretty bomb proof and go on tight, plus it's cheap if you do go to a new HG in the future.

http://www.zahal.org/products/wide-v..._parent=153417

Here was my Colt in that configuration

and now. I went with a RAS for an HG. They are plentiful and cheap. For the light, I had the thorntail/G2X out there, it was awesome, but I busted that mount.....I have the new magpul mount on the way, we'll see how that holds up...
    I noticed Zahal has a narrow model on their website, however you linked to and used the wide one. Any reason you went with the wide over the narrow?

http://www.zahal.org/products/narrow...-sling-adaptar

Also I noticed you had a rubber band holding your sling in place. Do you keep the rifle at the ready like this or was it just for storage? It seems like it might be beneficial to keep the rifle at the ready as the sling is less likely to get caught up but the rubber band would not post any significant resistance to using the sling.

Quote Originally Posted by animalmother85 View Post
    I could add that as an item farther down the line. But this rifle first and foremost is a HD rifle and the longest shot im taking inside my house is about 12 yards. I don't know how much accuracy that is going to buy especially as I still do not have a white light and I think that is much more important.

Any trigger would have to be as good or better of quality and reliability as the stock parts and its function must enhance or at minimum not negatively impact the rifle as a home defense tool. If it enhances that good or if it enhances longer supported shots ok, but that is not the core purpose of the rifle.
    Last edited by QuackXP; March 4th, 2014 at 04:47 PM.
    "No, it's just a machine. I'm the weapon." - Jack Harper in Oblivion

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by QuackXP View Post
    Any trigger would have to be as good or better of quality and reliability as the stock parts and its function must enhance or at minimum not negatively impact the rifle as a home defense tool. If it enhances that good or if it enhances longer supported shots ok, but that is not the core purpose of the rifle.
    If you're looking for a crisp single-stage, mil-spec trigger then the ALG QMS or ACT (nickle boron coated) are the best bang for the buck upgrade. ALG Defense sources their mil-spec triggers from the same supplier for Colt.

A good trigger isn't just for long shots.

I replace mine because a better (the right trigger) decreases my split times. All my guns have after market triggers, to include my SBR.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post
    Official Gun Bully and corn flakes pisser inner since March 2007.

(Montgomery County)

This is getting downright creepy. I was thinking the same thing, but here you are again posting what I was thinking.

I'm a huge fan of Geissele triggers. No need to worry about reliability, plus they are a company based here in PA, so you'd be helping out a local company. They make some pretty sweet rails too.

Yes, they are worth the extra $.
    You can never have enough horsepower or ammunition.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by RXM View Post
    If you're looking for a crisp single-stage, mil-spec trigger then the ALG QMS or ACT (nickle boron coated) are the best bang for the buck upgrade. ALG Defense sources their mil-spec triggers from the same supplier for Colt.
    A good trigger isn't just for long shots.

I replace mine because a better (the right trigger) decreases my split times. All my guns have after market triggers, to include my SBR.
    Quote Originally Posted by 625 View Post
    This is getting downright creepy. I was thinking the same thing, but here you are again posting what I was thinking.

I'm a huge fan of Geissele triggers. No need to worry about reliability, plus they are a company based here in PA, so you'd be helping out a local company. They make some pretty sweet rails too.

Yes, they are worth the extra $.
    I should not have replied about the trigger in the first place.

I am absolutely not in any way shape or form concerned at this point in upgrading the trigger. Not before I have a white light mounted in a way I find usable.

(Allegheny County)

That's pretty sweet man. I have been wanting to paint one of my ARs but I always chicken out. You did a great job

(Wayne County)

The rubber band idea worked well, but now I have these tits elastic sling cuzzies from Blue Force Gear. They sent them for free for entering their photo contest. Works pretty well for keeping the sling out of the way.

Plus I can cram tactical treats or an extra combat beer in them when the sling is deployed.

You can buy one here......

http://www.blueforcegear.com/sling-sleeve.html

on the gun

As for the wide sling mount, I figured it would give a bit more purchase. It's also the one that is issued to the people who use the weapon "for reals" ( if that matters to you ).
    Last edited by Splittiebus66; March 4th, 2014 at 06:16 PM.
    I always sleep with my guns when you are gone

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Splittiebus66 View Post
    As for the wide sling mount, I figured it would give a bit more purchase. It's also the one that is issued to the people who use the weapon "for reals" ( if that matters to you ).
    I'm assuming purchase is autocorrect for pressure? Or maybe you need to put the bottle down.

If it's not to much trouble could you send some more detailed photos of the sling mount?

Do you think the sling sleeve would work on the padded version of the VCAS sling?

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by QuackXP View Post
    I should not have replied about the trigger in the first place.

I am absolutely not in any way shape or form concerned at this point in upgrading the trigger. Not before I have a white light mounted in a way I find usable.
    You opened a can of worms my friend.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast