Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Extra mags for keltec pf9

Hey guys,

It has been a very long time since I posted on here so forgive me if I am a bit rusty. My EDC is a keltec pf9. Great little gun, I was recently thinking of selling it towards a glock 19 but can not get myself to get rid of the keltec. My question is for those that carry a keltec, or a small semiauto, do you carry an extra magazine on you at times or feel the 7, or 7 plus 1, as I do good enough for you? Just curious and thanks!

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Extra mags for keltec pf9

I used to carry the pf9 as well and may eventually get another one. It was the only gun I carried consistently because it was just so damn easy. And yes, I would recommend carrying an extra mag. Most people on here will tell you to carry an extra mag regardless of which gun you carry.
    I would rather die in a shootout than get assassinated in a "gun free zone"

My EDC is a PF9 and I always carry at least one additional magazine. I bought the +1 extension from Kel Tec for all my mags and they function flawlessly.

(Fayette County)

Quote Originally Posted by c_brutsche View Post
    do you carry an extra magazine on you at times or feel the 7, or 7 plus 1, as I do good enough for you? Just curious and thanks!
    Actually both. The extra magazine is definitely recommended, but I also feel that 7 or 7+1 is enough for most situations. It would be nice to see some self-defense statistics on the number of rounds needed on hand in most self-defense scenarios.

(Allegheny County)

I carry an extra mag for my PF9. In any realistic defense scenario, I doubt I'd need them, but you never know.

(Bucks County)

I just sold my PF9. I didn't carry extra mags for it mostly because it was my BUG. I had extra mags for the .45. If I was only carrying the PF9 then I would have carried and extra mag.
    DISCOUNTS - Steel Target Paint: beaverje10 (10% off) | Wiland USA: jbeaver05 (5% off)

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin60 View Post
    Actually both. The extra magazine is definitely recommended, but I also feel that 7 or 7+1 is enough for most situations. It would be nice to see some self-defense statistics on the number of rounds needed on hand in most self-defense scenarios.
    I found a video on YouTube the other day from a guy that claims he did tons of research on just that. He claims that most shootings follow a 3-3-3 rule meaning 3 rounds, 3 seconds, 3 meters. I'd love to find out just how accurate that is.
    I would rather die in a shootout than get assassinated in a "gun free zone"

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

I usually carry 1 extra magazine too, for extra rounds, but also to switch the magazines should there be any feeding issues with the first one.
    ...and they have a plan...

Just wondering the Kel Tec P11 could use some of the S&W 59 mags making it a 15 shot gun along with the 10 shot mags Kel tec was selling.

Does the KT PF9 followi in that? Or does all it mags come from KT INc and 3rd party mags.

(Chester County)

Thanks for the info guys. Yes, I would like to some hard statistics as well. I have seen two men shooting shooting at each other actually just about a month ago, pretty troubling to watch. (I work in Chester). Each fired off about 5 rounds at each other with one guy getting hit. That's my only real life statistic I have

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast