Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lancaster County)

Smile RIA Compact for Tactical warranty swap

Hello All !! It's been a long time but I have been lurking on and off. Reading lots and enjoy the forum greatly!

Here is the situation: I purchased a RIA 1911 compact 45 (parkerized) I didnt like the finish as it was wearing off the first week. The brass was being dented on ejection and I had 7-10 FTF in less than 75 tries.

I sent it off to the factory under warranty. there were no questions or hassles. they paid fedex to them and are going to ups to me when ready.

Fast forward 3 weeks: I called and they said they are replacing the firearm. I asked for uprgrade to model 51448 matte nickel, ambi safety, skel trigger, 70 series firing system etc...

They are asking 100 more I said deal if they throw in an extra mag. good deal?
    and what is the difference between a 70 and 80 system? Thanks everyone.
    I like this place great people and lots of info!

Default Re: RIA Compact for Tactical warranty swap

$100 more? You could do a lot worse. If it is worth it to you to get what you'd rather have for another C-note, then go for it. Some places sell that pistol for close to $600, and it isn't like you are getting the mad f... trade in value for it.

The 70 has no firing pin safety, which prevents the gun from firing if there is a round in the chamber, but the weapon is not cocked (dropping the gun, banging it into something, pistol whipping someone you aren't ready to shoot, just yet).
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(Lancaster County)

True it is probably going to cost me 576.00 after it's said and done, but I will get 2 mags instead of 1 and I havent found this model available anywhere yet.
    So while its not a great deal Its not a bad one. I get a few things I wanted anyway.

I hated the parkerized finish. Lets see how the nickel looks. I wanted compact got 5inch but I guess thats an excuse to buy another lol PLUS 1 to Armscor...their CS and gunsmiths for upgrading me and always having time to talk to a customer.

Quote Originally Posted by Bookers View Post
    True it is probably going to cost me 576.00 after it's said and done, but I will get 2 mags instead of 1 and I havent found this model available anywhere yet.
    So while its not a great deal Its not a bad one. I get a few things I wanted anyway.

I hated the parkerized finish. Lets see how the nickel looks. I wanted compact got 5inch but I guess thats an excuse to buy another lol PLUS 1 to Armscor...their CS and gunsmiths for upgrading me and always having time to talk to a customer.
    It's a good deal. Tons of shops are waiting for these to come in. If you can get it in your hands for the kosher price, then you are doing ok.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(Lancaster County)

Talking Re: RIA Compact for Tactical warranty swap

Thanks i agree! Aug 2 ships to me