Howdy!

first time poster/member, long time reader!
i have a question that i have scoured this site and others for, but still have not seen anything the specifically addresses. a lawyers advice is next, but i am finding it hard to find attorneys who know ANYTHING about gun laws, let alone these specifics.

background:

About a year ago, my wife was convicted of Theft by Deception (under 3k over the course of 8 months) and is currently on probation. On January 1 of that year, i bought my first carry pistol, and the previous September was my first LTCF. I had JUST gotten into hunting, learning marksmanship and being committed to defending my family.

Upon her conviction, I did a lot of research and came to the same conclusion that most on this site have come to (thanks also to this site itself - great resource).

Well, we have not had to worry about guns for a while, due in part to the fact that we moved in with her in-laws (Raging liberals) shortly following her conviction - the subsequent legal fees and her job loss completely stripped us of our savings.

her probation is approaching the halfway point and we are soon going to be contacting our attorney to get her off early. In addition, we are moving into our own place, and i don't plan on moving the firearms in until her probation is complete.

Now, given that i am able to purchase firearms, and she has potentially "forever" given up her right to get within sneezing distance, we cam across the concept of Constructive Possession. However, no one on any site seems to address constructive possession and CCW.

We will keep all firearms in a locked, combination safe that only I and one other person will be privy too, and they will be kept in conditions only I have access to. (yes, perhaps still treading a fine line...)

BUT, what about when I carry in public?

In some places, constructive possession implies "ability and knowledge", whereas other sites (and in the case of Commonwealth vs Heidler III; http://caselaw.findlaw.com/pa-superi...t/1225264.html) constructive possession implies "ability and INTENT".

she cannot, according to law, knowingly possess, transfer, purchase, control or otherwise display dominion over the firearm.
so, as long as i have it on my person....???

any help would be appreciated. i no longer trust the attorneys on some of these other sites that recommend people "apply a second time after denial so they can appeal".

I currently live in Chester County, PA.

on an unrelated note, may I add how disappointed I am at sites like Avvo, whose supposed "attorneys" know nothing of gun laws and are falsely and somewhat dangerously advising people on firearms regulations and procedures with given records - and at mass! there are 6 or 7 lawyers all agreeing at once that an M1 does not prohibit ("preclude", as they so poignantly state) you from owning, purchasing and possessing a firearm.

now, if someone on here knows something I don't, please enlighten.