Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Another agency bans the SERPA

All arguable. But since the SERPA is low priced, relative to a good retention holster, it would be an awful thing to see the information not posted in this forum as it is a resource that now has more up to date info than it did in the AM. If people so choose to buy a SERPA after reading this thread and others they are now more educated on their purchase and can say so.

I see it as telling someone on a trail that there is a cliff coming up. They may have seen the signs but at least I tried.
    Jeff Cooper was a huge supporter of gun games, when he was winning them at least...

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    ...it would be an awful thing to see the information not posted in this forum...
    Did you see the links I posted above? Believe me, it's posted!

(Allegheny County)

None of them contained the most recent posting as found in the OP of this thread.
    Jeff Cooper was a huge supporter of gun games, when he was winning them at least...

(Lawrence County)

And here I thought keeping your finger off of the trigger alone would keep you from putting a bullet in your leg. Maybe if you could teach people to keep their booger hook off the bang switch instead of drawing just far enough and then jamming their finger in the trigger guard, things like this wouldn’t happen.

If someone cannot comprehend to push a button and then pull the gun, then they shouldn’t be around a weapon. I’ve tried to get my finger on the trigger using my 1911 in a Serpa and I just can’t do it.
    Again:
    1. Push button.
    2. Remove firearm from holster.
    3. Gain sight picture.
    4. Release safety.
    5. Squeeze trigger.

Step 6 is putting a bullet in your leg, but only if your IQ is below 12…
    I like guns... And boobs...

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Chazman321 View Post
    And here I thought keeping your finger off of the trigger alone would keep you from putting a bullet in your leg. Maybe if you could teach people to keep their booger hook off the bang switch instead of drawing just far enough and then jamming their finger in the trigger guard, things like this wouldn’t happen.

If someone cannot comprehend to push a button and then pull the gun, then they shouldn’t be around a weapon. I’ve tried to get my finger on the trigger using my 1911 in a Serpa and I just can’t do it.
    Again:
    1. Push button.
    2. Remove firearm from holster.
    3. Gain sight picture.
    4. Release safety.
    5. Squeeze trigger.

Step 6 is putting a bullet in your leg, but only if your IQ is below 12…
    Many agencies that ban use of said holster are considered to employ the most highly trained individuals out there and yet they still ban it. Is that an indictment on the quality of their own training?

(Butler County)

In engineering terms it's not that bad of a design but it's not what we refer to as idiot proof. If your finger is flat on the release there's no problem. Push the release with your finger tip and sooner or later "BANG"

(Allegheny County)

How I was taught, in engineering terms, is that it is a bad design. You can't make everything idiot proof but you sure as shit can consider every possible outcome from every possible variance to the operating procedure.

If Blackhawk designed a nuclear power plant we would all be dead now.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pkspawn View Post
    From the article linked to:

Just found your post funny since I saw it after reading the article.
    I am not a SERPA booster, I just have two of them and no issues "Knock on wood"

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    How I was taught, in engineering terms, is that it is a bad design. You can't make everything idiot proof but you sure as shit can consider every possible outcome from every possible variance to the operating procedure.

If Blackhawk designed a nuclear power plant we would all be dead now.

Hahahha perhaps.

I don't know, like I've said before, I'm not a commando or a ninja yet I successfully deployed a SERPA in a highly stressful defensive situation and my finger was right where I needed it..., not on the trigger and resting "at the ready" along the slide.

However, also like I've said before, I've stopped using the SERPA because of the one legitimate (in my opinion) case that the release mechanism can become easily jammed. Sure, if you're not rolling around in the dirt, it should be OK 9/10 times, but I've encountered resistance before (and I don't roll around in the dirt) and that was enough to make me weary of the jamming possibility. It has to be reliable 10/10 times.

YMMV.

Justin
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Allegheny County)

We have discussed this countless times, the thing can jam. The fact that the operation of it encourages ND's aside, the mechanism is not suited for use outside of a vacuum.

http://link.brightcove.com/services/...=1155868233001

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast