Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: American guns

Default Re: American guns

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    I quickly gave up on that series, for the same reason that I would stop listening to some "former Army SEAL who earned his MOH using the M-249 in the Mekong Desert".
    Yeah, everyone knows that the the Army SEALs never operated in the Mekong Desert.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Stenka Razin View Post
    Yeah, everyone knows that the the Army SEALs never operated in the Mekong Desert.
    There's this guard at the mall that swears he did. But I might have misunderstood him because he was having a tough time breathing with all the trauma plates duct taped over him.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(York County)

Was it P.T. Barnum who stated: " There is a Sucker born every minute".
    FUNDAMENTALS

"All that is needed for Evil to Prevail is for Good Men to
    do Nothing"

(Chester County)

I've quit watching:

Sons of Guns
    American Guns
    Top Shot
    Μολὼν λάβε

(Perry County)

glad I wasn't the only one to think that guy was dumb.

He could have kept his FAMILY HEIRLOOM and just traded the .300 mag for a shotgun, or hell, just bought a shotgun for like $300.

No, he destroys a family heirloom, trade a rifle for a low price, and pays $1300 on top of it.

There is no way the work and parts they put into that gun was was $1700.

And then $2500 for that rifle stock to be painted? I admit I am not familiar with pricing on that kind of thing, but that seems ridiculously high. It looked like shit (imo) also. So goddamn gaudy for a police sniper rifle.

Remember the Zebra M&P? they wanted $1700 for that too, didn't they? I think they ended up charging $1400 for that one also. I think all it had was a trigger job and the zebra paint job. A .40 M&P is only $450 on Bud's Guns.
    People on this show are getting ripped off left and right.

There was something else recently that I couldn't believe they charged so much for but I can't remember what it was now.

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by Stenka Razin View Post
    who is this?

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by WWGunslinger View Post
    glad I wasn't the only one to think that guy was dumb.

He could have kept his FAMILY HEIRLOOM and just traded the .300 mag for a shotgun, or hell, just bought a shotgun for like $300.

No, he destroys a family heirloom, trade a rifle for a low price, and pays $1300 on top of it.

There is no way the work and parts they put into that gun was was $1700.

And then $2500 for that rifle stock to be painted? I admit I am not familiar with pricing on that kind of thing, but that seems ridiculously high. It looked like shit (imo) also. So goddamn gaudy for a police sniper rifle.

Remember the Zebra M&P? they wanted $1700 for that too, didn't they? I think they ended up charging $1400 for that one also. I think all it had was a trigger job and the zebra paint job. A .40 M&P is only $450 on Bud's Guns.
    People on this show are getting ripped off left and right.

There was something else recently that I couldn't believe they charged so much for but I can't remember what it was now.

First sniper weapon I ever seen with that many coats of SHINEY clearcoat on it. Maybe they only use it on cloudy days.
    Masters Degree from, School of Hardknocks and College of Common Sense

(Philadelphia County)

I find American Guns to be tolerable and sometimes entertaining. I do like watching them design, build, and test firearms. I also like watching the daughter I don't like the fat guy with the attitude, the monetary values presented when buying or selling firearms, and the stupid explosions with everything they shoot (I rather see where the bullet impacts on paper or steel, not a massive explosion).

Don't even get me started about Sons of Guns. I hate the constant BS drama among the staff, the horrible creations they make (if you are going to mount a weapon to a vehicle or boat, there are a lot better options than M-16s with drum mags), the stupid story lines, and, once again, the very annoying explosions that result from shooting at anything.

As for Top Shot, I think last season's courses were harder than the previous seasons. I remember thinking to myself when it first came out (it's really not that hard to engage in that target, with that gun, in that amount of time).

My favorite firearms show had to be "Tales of the Gun" from the History Channel. Every episode featured that heavyset, bald, white guy with the glasses who conducted his interviews in an armory. I know he was either a former marine or army veteran who served in Vietnam. The guy was well-informed and his opinions were very credible.

Quote Originally Posted by palawstudent View Post
    . . . .

My favorite firearms show had to be "Tales of the Gun" from the History Channel. Every episode featured that heavyset, bald, white guy with the glasses who conducted his interviews in an armory. I know he was either a former marine or army veteran who served in Vietnam. The guy was well-informed and his opinions were very credible.
    William Atwater,perhaps?
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    William Atwater,perhaps?
    Bingo! I love that guy. I haven't seen him around on History's newest shows and documentaries.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast