Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Columbia County)

Default OC at People's Choice Fest in Boalsburg?

Funsized and I are going to go walk around the People's Choice Arts Festival in Boalsburg later this week. I was just wondering if anyone has OCed to the Festival or the Military Museum. I am not concerned with encounters as the area is very open and does not get all that crowded since it is such a large space.

My question is, since it is held on the Military Museum grounds, does the Museum have any sort of policy on their grounds that I should be aware of? I have checked their website and there is no mention of a policy, and I'm not of a mind to call and get them thinking about the subject. Our plan right now is to OC and see what happens, unless someone out there has evidence that says we should do otherwise. Thanks for the input!
    They let me play with chemicals!

(Centre County)

Default Re: OC at People's Choice Fest in Boalsburg?

Please Note: The poster was issued a warning for this post.

I am the biggest proponent of concealed carry that you will meet. I carry EVERY WHERE including the doctors office, church, grocery store, you name it. I need to know what the fascination is with open carry. What purpose does it serve and why would you feel the need to do it during an event such as the people choice festival?

Are you an attention whore? I think you are especially since you need to ask the question on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdaddyjo View Post
    I am the biggest proponent of concealed carry that you will meet. I carry EVERY WHERE including the doctors office, church, grocery store, you name it. I need to know what the fascination is with open carry. What purpose does it serve and why would you feel the need to do it during an event such as the people choice festival?

Are you an attention whore? I think you are especially since you need to ask the question on this forum.
    The OP asked a legitimate question. If you cannot contribute to the discussion regarding his question, keep your fingers off the keyboard. I mean it. This debate has been thrashed to death over and over and OVER again in many different threads. It had better stop right here. That goes for anyone else piling on from either side.

(Chester County)

Here's the website for the museum. http://pamilmuseum.org/ Perhaps give them a call and ask? Or... Just OC and if asked to leave, then you'd have to leave. Up to you. It is an event open to the public.
    Μολὼν λάβε

(Columbia County)

Quote Originally Posted by PisnNapalm View Post
    Here's the website for the museum. http://pamilmuseum.org/ Perhaps give them a call and ask? Or... Just OC and if asked to leave, then you'd have to leave. Up to you. It is an event open to the public.
    Thanks, Napalm! I already read over the website, and even read PA Title 37 which gives the PA Historic Commission (I think that's the name) its powers. The only thing in Title 37 is that the Commission has the power to make rules in order to run their facilities. I suspect that this may mean something similar to what has gone on in the state parks, where it is obviously against the wording of the Castle Doctrine, but the DCNR refuses to recognize that. The plan right now is to do exactly as you said, OC and see what happens.

Thanks to you as well Pennsy! I've only been on the board for a little over a year and I already can't stand the OC vs. CC debate. I do both, and don't criticize anyone else for their choices and expect the same from others. Thank you for handling it before it became a big issue!

(Columbia County)

Went down to the festival tonight. Not a word was said by anyone, and it would have been hard for the fire police to not see our sidearms as we crossed the street. With that said, I don't think many noticed except for a few second glances. I also don't think there were any people of note there that would have had the power to ask us to leave (LEOs, military museum employees, etc.). Overall, a good night looking at overpriced art that ended with a stop for icecream at Meyer's Dairy.

(Lancaster County)

No one noticed because there were bigger guns all around you!!!

I grew up going to friends that live in boalsburg. Hopefully you had a chance to go into duffy's for a refreshment.....