Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Traded my EDC

(Allegheny County)

Default Traded my EDC

So my Glock 33 (.357 sig) with night sites and all the goodies I bought for it was traded for a beretta px4 sub compact (9mm) Im wondering now if I made the right decision I just couldn't afford to practice with it anymore since being tight on cash any thoughts on the beretta ?

(Beaver County)

Default Re: Traded my EDC

Just out of curiosity why didn't you trade for a Glock 26(9mm)? You could have used the holsters you already had. And shooting would be quite similar to what you had.

Not saying that the Beretta is a bad gun but I don't see why you would change platforms if ammo cost was your main concern.

I only know 1 person that has a PX4 (full size) and they love it. Personally it doesnt fit me well.

(Allegheny County)

The shop I go to didn't have a Glock 26 it was either the beretta or add money for a walther pps

Quote Originally Posted by crinko View Post
    The shop I go to didn't have a Glock 26 it was either the beretta or add money for a walther pps
    You could have tried doing a trade here on the PAFOA classifieds

(Northumberland County)

I feel your pain, I saw a really good deal on a Glock 29 the other day but i could not justify having to fork over an arm and a leg for 10mm ammo.

(Cambria County)

You could have bought a 9mm conversion barrel and mag.Shot 9mm to practice.I have a G22 in 40,9mm and 357 sig.I would say it was a bad trade.

Ammo wise for practice and drills you made a good decision 9mm is far cheaper then 357 sig but performance wise you take a slight hit. Ballastic on paper the 357 sig seem superior then 9mm or 40 cal. But vareity wise the 9mm can be bought for under $10 some places and $25 can get you ammo that nearly rival your beloved 357 sig. Px4 is a nice gun I own one and really like it, I also own Glock and like them too.

Tell us what you think after a range trip, I know your pocket will be heavier with brass and dollars.
    Last edited by Neko456; July 9th, 2012 at 08:24 AM.

(Allegheny County)

Ammo wise good, gun wise bad.
    Jeff Cooper was a huge supporter of gun games, when he was winning them at least...

(Northampton County)

I can completely understand why you chose to go with 9mm. I have been contemplating going with 9mm myself, but I have too many firearms that I could use on any given day to swap them all to 9mm (and I find it much easier to look for only 1 type of handgun ammo than several types).

While it will take a few range trips to see how your Beretta works for you - and I hope it is a great fit for you - I tend to agree with spartakis252. If it was me, I would have looked around until I found the 9mm version of what I currently own and then try to barter so I'm not out any money in the exchange. I don't think you made a horrible decision, but I think there might have been better ways to get a comparable 9mm. I do, however, applaud your loyalty to your lgs.

Quote Originally Posted by Quigar57 View Post
    I feel your pain, I saw a really good deal on a Glock 29 the other day but i could not justify having to fork over an arm and a leg for 10mm ammo.
    Reload! There is no reason not to......a single stage Lee press can be had for $25!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast