Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: m&pshield

(Bucks County)

Default m&pshield

has anyone bought a m&p shield? and how do you like it. put my order in about 3 weeks ago and still waiting

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: m&pshield

Mine has been great, and no malfunction. However, it shoots low. There is no elevation adjustment, just windage.. so its going back to S&W.

(Somerset County)

I got an M&P shield in 9mm. I love this gun. It has functioned 100 % so far with abount 200 rounds, it carries very nice, thin and light. I moved up from a 380 and this is not much larger but is much more managable.

(Lancaster County)

Mine has been great. No malfunctions in 250 rounds. Combat accurate at 15 yards. I will put 8 of 8 in a 12" target at that range. Not bad for a short barrel 9mm at 15 yards.

(Bucks County)

Mine has been great. When I first got it I was shooting low and left with it, but that was just poor technique on my part. After I put about 500 rounds through it, I can stay inside the 8 ring at 15 yards. Let a former Marine RSO shoot it and he put 5 out of 5 in the 10 ring at 10 yards so if I'm missing the bullseye, I know it's me and not the gun.

(Bucks County)

]THANKS FOR ALL THE INPUT. HOPE MINE WILL BE IN SOON

(Northumberland County)

My dad picked one up about a month ago. He's an M&P guy, and has a full size in 9mm as well. I put a few mags through it a couple of weeks ago. I think it has a better trigger than his full size. Recoil isn't too snappy either.

Overall I liked it, but couodn't find a use for it in my style of carry. It's a bit too big to replace the LCP for deep concealment pocket carry. Fits good IWB, but a can carry something just a bit thicker that holds more rounds without sacrificing ability to conceal.

(Montgomery County)

I have one on order from Tanner's and am still waiting for it. So far it's been 6 weeks or so. I also have 2 holsters for it that I think will be very comfortable. One is a White Hat IWB holster, and the other is a Raven Concealment OWB/IWB holster.

I cannot comment on shooting it, but my overall thought on the way it feels is positive. I usually carry a Glock 27 IWB or OWB. This gun seems similar in size except is smaller in width which is something I was looking for.
    I would rather die in a shootout than get assassinated in a "gun free zone"

(Allegheny County)

Mine is great, around 500-800 rounds. Shoots ~2.5"-3" groups at 25 yards.
    Jeff Cooper was a huge supporter of gun games, when he was winning them at least...