Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: M57 Yugo Tok

Default M57 Yugo Tok

Looks like AIM Surplus has some Yugo M57 Toks on hand in their C&R Section. Not overly familiar with them, but I guess they're interesting none the less. I have no Tokarev envy, and really could care less on whether or not I own one.

Good to Very Good Condition, going for $199 (and probably +$15 for S&H)
    Makes it easy since I have my C&R.

Look like the going rate of these is in the $200-$250

I figured, if I really wanted to get a Tokarev for a collection piece, since I already have too many pistols to make this a regular shooter, I'd want a Russian TT-33 Ishevsk.

So my only worry is resale/trade value if I get tired of it.

Are these worth the $200 asking price to add an interesting piece to the collection?
    Last edited by Dogpupkus; July 7th, 2012 at 04:05 PM.

(York County)

Default Re: M57 Yugo Tok

They had some in a few years back and I got one it shot well and was in real nice shape as I remember they were 129.00 so 199.00 seems a little high but what hasn't gone up these days right...

EDR

Quote Originally Posted by Dogpupkus View Post
    Looks like AIM Surplus has some Yugo M57 Toks on hand in their C&R Section. Not overly familiar with them, but I guess they're interesting none the less. I have no Tokarev envy, and really could care less on whether or not I own one.

Good to Very Good Condition, going for $199 (and probably +$15 for S&H)
    Makes it easy since I have my C&R.

I figured, if I really wanted to get a Tokarev for a collection piece, since I already have too many pistols to make this a regular shooter, I'd want a Russian TT-33 Ishevsk.

Look like the going rate of these is in the $200-$250

So my only worry is resale/trade value if I get tired of it.

Are these worth the $200 asking price to add an interesting piece to the collection?
    Last edited by edritchey; July 8th, 2012 at 06:40 AM.
    Every day's a Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by G=C800:5 View Post
    They had some in a few years back and I got one it shot well and was in real nice shape as I remember they were 129.00 so 199.00 seems a little high but what hasn't gome up these days right...

EDR
    I wouldn't think twice for $129 !

Quote Originally Posted by Dogpupkus View Post
    I figured, if I really wanted to get a Tokarev for a collection piece, since I already have too many pistols to make this a regular shooter, I'd want a Russian TT-33 Ishevsk....
    You should be OK as far as appreciation with buying an M57. I haven't seen any E Euro guns depreciate, particularly after they dried up.

I didn't buy an M57 mostly because they use a different magazine than the regular TT, and I already have at least two true TT-33s.

If you really want a true Russian TT, you'll need more than $200. Have you considered a Polish TT-33? (review) They're cosmetically identical to the Russian (Soviet) wartime TT-33, but a *lot* cheaper. Fit & finish is actually a bit better, since Radom wasn't under emergency wartime production quotas. If you choose a Polish TT, move fast. The price of Polish TTs spike up *fast* when they dry up.

Links to Polish TT-33s:

$350 (link)
    $299 (link)

Here's a place to search the major outlets for a true Soviet era TT-33. You'll need somewhere north of $800 for a fair chance to get it:

Gun stock market - Russian TT-33
    Gloria: "65 percent of the people murdered in the last 10 years were killed by hand guns"
    Archie Bunker: "would it make you feel better, little girl, if they was pushed outta windows?"

http://www.moviewavs.com/TV_Shows/Al...he_Family.html

(Cumberland County)

I really like my M57 and $199 if in very good condition is a good price. These guns are a lot of fun to shoot and very powerful! Surplus ammo has been hit or miss lately - you use to be able to get spam cans cheap, now it is a bit more, but still not too bad. If you read about the 7.62x25 round it's pretty impressive, even armor piercing ! I would snag one, lots of fun. Good luck! Here's my M57 I bought along with a Nagant.

(York County)

$199 is not a bad price, and the 2 M57s are both in "like new" condition both are great shooters. I have a matching, non-import marked, 1940 Tula that I paid $700 for, the Yugos have every bit the "fit and finish" of the Soviet era Tok.

If you have patience, wait for the next gunshow. At the last York Gunshow, two weeks ago, a dealer had a large selection of M57s for $199 with 2 mags and holster
    I want your vz.33

I have a Romanian Tok but owned a Yugo M57 before I sold it to a friend.

I love my Tokarev and honestly the M57 is even better in ways than the originals. The grip is longer and IMHO fits the hand better than the others, which are just a bit too short.

They are very accurate and a blast to shoot. The ammo can be had cheaply too if you look around for it.

I say go for it. It will surely go up at least $50 in the next year or two I think, and its just a fun gun to have.
    Repeal the 17th Amendment