Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UZI legality

(Chester County)

Default UZI legality

Hi,

Can anyone tell me the legality of owning an UZI in the state of Pennsylvania? What are the requirement lengths of making this weapon legal in PA?
    How many U.S. Made parts are required to make legal?
    Not wanting to break any laws, thank you!

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: UZI legality

You can either try to get the SBR NFA stamp or you can get the 16 inch barreled version which looks almost as ridiculous as the civilian FN P90.

(Montgomery County)

Semiauto uzis are not banned in PA(there is no assault weapon ban in PA), and neither are full auto uzis if they are registered per the NFA act of 1934.

in PA(and federally) a non NFA semiauto uzi carbine must have a 16" barrel, and a minimum 26" OAL (over all length) with the stock in the OPEN and extended position.

you need to clarify your question on the 922(r) compliance parts, for WHAT UZI...IMI "Action Arms" imports are pre-1989 bush 1 ban and need no US parts.... however the Chinese norinco uzi copies do... and you need to reduce the imported parts count to 10 or less to have no thumbhole stock on the gun.. and the parts are specifc, not just any old parts.

post more info if you can, if you want a better answer.
    "Oderint Dum Metuant" - BMFH

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm"

Note: any whingeing crazy that hits my PM inbox will be deleted without reply

(Cumberland County)

Cool Re: UZI legality

sounds like you want to do a build. it can be done but will probably cost you more than buying anyone of the commercially built ones on the market. keep in mind many of the parts you will find in the available f/a kits will not be able to be used in a build. you would be better off buying individual s/a parts as you need them. and as stated already a large portion of them will need to be of u.s. manufacture. do much research before you attempt and i think you will change your mind. you can try this question in one of the uzi forums, i bet you will get a similar response.

(Chester County)

hi,

Yes it is the Norinco. It does have a metal collapsible stock. No wood with the thumbhole. Barrel I believe is the 16".

Would I have to weld the metal stock so that it does not collapse? If not, does it have to be unfolded when shooting it?

Thanks

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by plasticman View Post
    Hi,

Can anyone tell me the legality of owning an UZI in the state of Pennsylvania? What are the requirement lengths of making this weapon legal in PA?
    How many U.S. Made parts are required to make legal?
    Not wanting to break any laws, thank you!
    More info needed. Are you looking to buy one, build one, Full auto, semi auto?
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Chester County)

Semi auto. No, I am not building one

So You own a semi auto, 16"barrel uzi? It would be classed as a rifle and you would be fine shooting it with the stock open or closed

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by USMC3531 View Post
    So You own a semi auto, 16"barrel uzi? It would be classed as a rifle and you would be fine shooting it with the stock open or closed
    a folding stock(or even a non thumbhole fixed stock) on the post 89 import ban norinco is a violation of 922(r), unless the parts count of the Uzi has been reduced to 10 or less... at this point, if it has no US parts (nobody in the US makes a std uzi style folder) your gun is considered contraband and subject to confiscation. (violating 9229r) is a misdemeanor, possession of a firearm not in compliance has no penalty, but the gun is contraband)

you might want to try uzitalk and check the FAQs there for US parts info, like magazines, furniture, possibly US made barrels and other parts to reduce the foreign parts count
    Last edited by JayBell; July 7th, 2012 at 03:48 PM.
    "Oderint Dum Metuant" - BMFH

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm"

Note: any whingeing crazy that hits my PM inbox will be deleted without reply

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by JayBell View Post
    a folding stock on the post 89 import ban norinco is a violation of 922(r), unless the parts count of the Uzi has been reduced to 10 or less... at this point, if it has no US parts (nobody in the US makes a std uzi style folder) your gun is considered contraband and subject to confiscation. (violating 9229r) is a misdemeanor, possession of a firearm not in compliance has no penalty, but the gun is contraband)

you might want to try uzitalk and check the FAQs there for US parts info, like magazines, furniture, possibly US made barrels and other parts to reduce the foreign parts count
    VECTOR has been makin UZI'S for years in the US.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast