Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Limited Edition and Commemorative Rifles

i'd be more convinced if you were willing to drink fracking fluid.

(Luzerne County)

Funny, I thought this post started about a Marlin leaver action. On the subject of gas drilling, why do some from far away in the big cities have to comment on what goes on in my back yard? The issue of to drill or not for gas up here in NEPA should be desided by us up here in NEPA and not by others. Oh, by the way, UGI is finishing up on a gas powered electrical plant on the Susqhanna just south of here to supply electricity not for us but to be sent down south to Philly. And, where do you think all that gas is going in all the new pipelines that they are putting in up here. So if you dont like the gas drilling up here turn all your lights off and be with no heat this winter. It is not the people up here in NEPA that are causing all tha gas drilling. It is the demand from all the big cities like Philly, NYC, and Boston.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by mongo View Post
    Funny, I thought this post started about a Marlin leaver action. On the subject of gas drilling, why do some from far away in the big cities have to comment on what goes on in my back yard? The issue of to drill or not for gas up here in NEPA should be desided by us up here in NEPA and not by others.
    it's crazy, water... travels downstream!

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by Michael M View Post
    Flathead, you won't get it and never will. You don't contribute at all to the topic at hand, you call me a sucker and I'm not, you say oil and gas workers bitch about their jobs all the time in bars, you say I don't plan on a retirement and selling an over priced gun for less than what I paid is not good planning. You don't know me at all yet you feel the need to attack and make fun of me. Bottom line is this, I don't work with anyone as that wines, bitches, and complains anywhere near as much as you have in this post. I don't know if it's jealousy or what man but relax. I said I would probably donate the gun to charity and get them some money. Whats your deal? Get it together dude.
    You asked for opinions on the value of the rifle you bought.
    I gave mine.

You then commented on how you make enough money to buy guns every month, so I commented on that.

You made the claim you never hear anyone complaining about their gas jobs, well I sure have and I commented on it.

I then looked up the price of the rifle and what you paid for it and again, based on your original comment asking for opinions about value, I gave mine that you paid about $1100 for some engraving aimed at such a limited market that you will almost never recoup your investment.

Then based on your comments about your money you make, your spending on guns and my current observations on the way drilling is slowing down, I simply suggested that maybe you might want to rethink your investing/spending habits if you have not already done so. And I based this comment on the fact that you went out and bought a rifle like that, and then came looking for advice on it after the fact. Seems a bad strategy and poor money management.

If I offended you, well, sometimes the truth hurts, or so I've been told.

Jealousy?
    HA!
    Far from it.
    I'm doing pretty well and see my family everyday.

I work in the logging industry and know how those camps work, many of our jobs are right next to drill camps.
    You can have at it while it lasts.
    The proposed pipeline by the company out of Texas was shuttered by the company due to slowed drilling due to excess gas on the market.
    I remember what happened to all those miners when R&P coal shut down.
    Guys living the good life for years suddenly were on the unemployment line with no savings, selling off their guns for a song as well as their motorcycles, houses, etc...

I've been there, and I see the same thing coming for drillers in the Marcellus region.
    Believe it or not, it's your decision.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123