Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Northampton County which area to move to?

My family and I are looking to make the move from NJ to PA and I've been gravitating towards Northampton County as a desirable area because of the work commute and keeping a reasonable closeness to our NJ family ties. It's hard to understand an area without living there and rumors of gang activity, bad schools, etc. make it difficult to know where to start looking. I would greatly appreciate local input as to where a firearm loving family such as mine, with two young children, would begin to find a good home.

FYI, we're looking for a private home with decent schools in the $200-250,000 range. That's probably everyone.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Northampton County which area to move to?

Bushkill Township-Nazareth School Dist
    Plainfield Township-PenArgyl School Dist

http://lehighvallymls.com/
    http://matrix.lvar-mls.com/matrix/cu...roperties.html

(Northampton County)

Wink Re: Northampton County which area to move to?

I would have to agree with Exbiker.
    The Nazareth area would be my first choice, with Plainfield Township-PenArgyl School Dist a close second. Decent schools, Lots of gun clubs and churches in the area, Close to routes 33, 22,512, ect.
    The upper naz. lower windgap area is very quiet, except the occasinal rifle shot at ground hogs.

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

The Nazareth and Penn Argyl school districts are easily accessible by highway via PA-33.
    ...and they have a plan...

Thank you for the advice guys. The PenArgyl area doesn't look like it would be too brutal of a commute. I'm going to drive out there this weekend and look around.

(Monroe County)

If you didn't have kids there would be a ton of choices. If you private or home school you could expand but they'll still be on the bus with the gangsters. Nazareth, PenArgyl would be my top 2 choices and housing is reasonable with decent taxes.

The other two valley school districts are Saucon Valley and Parkland but taxes and housing in remote areas is pricey.

(Northampton County)

I would avoid Easton if you could. The few times I have had to deal with the Easton Police, I had no confidence in their abilities to do their jobs.

Also, I would avoid Palmer like the plague. From some stories I have heard - and personal experiences - Palmer PD seems to like to do whatever they want to without any concern for the law or justice.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Amagi870 View Post
    My family and I are looking to make the move from NJ to PA and I've been gravitating towards Northampton County as a desirable area because of the work commute and keeping a reasonable closeness to our NJ family ties. It's hard to understand an area without living there and rumors of gang activity, bad schools, etc. make it difficult to know where to start looking. I would greatly appreciate local input as to where a firearm loving family such as mine, with two young children, would begin to find a good home.

FYI, we're looking for a private home with decent schools in the $200-250,000 range. That's probably everyone.
    welcome to the forums
    DISCOUNTS - Steel Target Paint: beaverje10 (10% off) | Wiland USA: jbeaver05 (5% off)

(Northampton County)

I've been in Hellertown (Saucon Valley SD) for about a year and a half now and love it. I highly recommend it - great school district, one of the better P.D.'s in the area, good small town feel.
    "The Earth is for the living." -Thomas Jefferson

Just got back from my first house hunt in PA. I checked out a few places in the Pen Argyl/Roseto area and found some decent homes. Driving through Bangor seemed a bit run down, but no bad element as far as I could tell. Next areas will be Wind Gap, Nazareth and Hellertown.

Thanks for the advice everyone. It's been very helpful. Hopefully, I'll be residing in a free state soon.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast