Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Northampton County which area to move to?

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter Patriot View Post
    You didn't mention of your commute/family is going out on 80 or 78/22.

If it's 80 I would look at Washington Township, or Upper and Lower Mount Bethel.

Real easy commute across the Portland Bridge or Belividere Bridge. Nice area, a bit less developed than some of the towns along the 22 corridor.
    I'll be commuting via route 80 to the Morristown/Parsippany area. In order to balance my commute with decent schools and ideal house I'm leaning towards Plainfield Twp and Pen Argyl.

BTW, do people in that area typically mind if you're in your backyard plinking with a .22 or air rifle? Also, is there a good handgun range in the area (I know I should search the forums)?

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Amagi870 View Post
    I'll be commuting via route 80 to the Morristown/Parsippany area. In order to balance my commute with decent schools and ideal house I'm leaning towards Plainfield Twp and Pen Argyl.

BTW, do people in that area typically mind if you're in your backyard plinking with a .22 or air rifle? Also, is there a good handgun range in the area (I know I should search the forums)?
    Edelmans GC in Belfast and Stockertown GC in Stockertown. There are others but those 2 are cheap to join. Each township has different regs and depends on the amount of land and backstop.

(Monroe County)

If you are going to be going north, why are you looking so far south? There is still a ton of open land in Monroe and Pike and very nice houses in the 200k range. Our taxes are generally about the same up here and most areas have State Police coverage... in other words if the neigbors call to complain about your noise complaint the police tell them to piss off.

if you are looking for school districts, Pleasant Valley is still solid, I would avoid anything in Pocono Mountain or East Stroudsburg, Stroudsburg isn't bad.
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    If you are going to be going north, why are you looking so far south? There is still a ton of open land in Monroe and Pike and very nice houses in the 200k range. Our taxes are generally about the same up here and most areas have State Police coverage... in other words if the neigbors call to complain about your noise complaint the police tell them to piss off.

if you are looking for school districts, Pleasant Valley is still solid, I would avoid anything in Pocono Mountain or East Stroudsburg, Stroudsburg isn't bad.
    The Pleasant Valley S.D. area is actually 10 miles longer of a commute than the Pen Argyl area. There are a lot of nice looking opportunities up there though.

(Northampton County)

From pen argyl there are plenty of gun clubs, im a member at rosetto as well as east bangor. But their are easily 5-10 more within 20 minutes. Some of the places in pen argyl have enough land to shoot on, if you live in town not so much.

Can someone with knowledge of the area tell me how the traffic on Route 512 is, going east around 6-6:30a.m. during the weekdays?

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Roland45 View Post
    I would have to agree with Exbiker.
    The Nazareth area would be my first choice, with Plainfield Township-PenArgyl School Dist a close second. Decent schools, Lots of gun clubs and churches in the area, Close to routes 33, 22,512, ect.
    The upper naz. lower windgap area is very quiet, except the occasinal rifle shot at ground hogs.
    I have lived in both Plainfield and Nazareth and would recommend both as great options.
    Then join in the fight that will give you the right to be free! ~Les Mis

(Northampton County)

Can someone with knowledge of the area tell me how the traffic on Route 512 is, going east around 6-6:30a.m. during the weekdays?
    Minus the construction in Bath 512 moves pretty well. That early even better, hardly any cars on the road at that hour. Even once school starts up its still earlier than most buses and teachers are out.

(Lehigh County)

Have you looked in the Portland and Mt Bethel areas??? I drive through there every day on my way to work, I could cut 2 hours a day off my commute if I lived up there.

There were quite a few properties available near Lake Minsi. If I were in the market, I'd start my search there....
    When you are called a racist, it just means you won an argument with an Obama supporter.

Quote Originally Posted by Exbiker View Post
    Would you really recommend those schools?
    Absolutely! My kids have gone through the BASD and one is in Medical School and the other is a Business Major in college. No problem with that recommendation, my friend. On Wilson, I know people who have had their kids go through that District and all have been successful.
    My GGG Grandpappy,front row (20th NC, Co. F.) and Family Circa 1900.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast