Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default Re: Northampton County which area to move to?

I live in Bethlehem near Bethlehem Catholic and like the area alot. No children though, so I can't comment on that other than driving by Liberty as school gets out is scary to look at.. but I'm sure us 'adults' have been saying that about kids forever.

Hellertown is a nice little community, and definitely check out the Hellertown Sportsmen Association.

(Lehigh County)

If you don't find anything in the Nazareth, Pen Argyl, Hellertown areas, a little past Hellertown/Bethlehem is Salisbury township. It's a very small sliver of Allentown. (not even big enough to get it's own post office) Property is reasonable and taxes are quite managable.

If I were moving back to the Lehigh Valley, I'd try Nazareth, Pen Argyl, Outskirts of Bangor, Salisbury, Hellertown (in that order).

Note: Salisbury is just over the county line. (into Lehigh county)
    When you are called a racist, it just means you won an argument with an Obama supporter.

(Northampton County)

I just moved into Forks township a couple months ago, which is right next to Palmer. It's a decent place with grocery stores close by. There are some nice houses here and so far it has been pretty quiet around here. I commute to upper NJ everyday for my work and the drive has not been bad. Oh, and try to get back to PA via Belvidere if possible since that bridge doesn't collect toll.

(Northampton County)

This is ironic..I moved to Pen Argyl 13 years ago so my daughter would get a decent edeucation in a small schoolsetting..THis weekend im moving back to lwr naz..starting another chapter..raising and training brittanys..my second passion..Both are great schools...just wanted her to be in a smaller school setting..

(Northampton County)

Grew up in Nazareth and I now live in Pen Argyl for 3 years. I cant comment on PA schools as I have no kids, but growing up in Nazareth the main "disadvantage" is its very "good ol boys" oriented. A lot of people grow up in Nazareth and stay, so growing up most of the parents knew each other their whole lives and it played a factor in breaking into friendships and more so sports teams. I def dont think you can go wrong in the Naz/windgap/pen argyl/plainfield areas.

Bethlehem and Williams Townships are good too. Extremely close to Route 33 and I-78. Bethlehem Area School District for Bethlehem Township and Wilson School District for Williams Township. Lots of Luck. PS, there are plenty of clubs in this area that are open for membership!!
    My GGG Grandpappy,front row (20th NC, Co. F.) and Family Circa 1900.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by pa350z View Post
    Bethlehem and Williams Townships are good too. Extremely close to Route 33 and I-78. Bethlehem Area School District for Bethlehem Township and Wilson School District for Williams Township. Lots of Luck. PS, there are plenty of clubs in this area that are open for membership!!
    Would you really recommend those schools?

(Northampton County)

You didn't mention of your commute/family is going out on 80 or 78/22.

If it's 80 I would look at Washington Township, or Upper and Lower Mount Bethel.

Real easy commute across the Portland Bridge or Belividere Bridge. Nice area, a bit less developed than some of the towns along the 22 corridor.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter Patriot View Post
    You didn't mention of your commute/family is going out on 80 or 78/22.

If it's 80 I would look at Washington Township, or Upper and Lower Mount Bethel.

Real easy commute across the Portland Bridge or Belividere Bridge. Nice area, a bit less developed than some of the towns along the 22 corridor.
    I drive through Washington township and Mt Bethel every day... not a bad ride if you time it right....
    When you are called a racist, it just means you won an argument with an Obama supporter.

(Monroe County)

Wind Gap PD are horribly bad, I would avoid it if possible. There are a ton of small single homes all over the place. I would certainly suggest looking around, your dream house may be 2 minutes further commute then you put it but will be well worth it.

Bangor has been run down for decades. There are a bunch of new houses around the Tatamy area if you are looking for something just built
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast