Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Dauphin County)

Default Dauphin County LTCF

Ok so on Feb. 8th i went and applied for my LTCF at the Dauphin County sheriffs office. Everything was ok, and before leaving I asked the guy how long is this going to take, and he replied exactly 10 business days. It is now Day 12, should i call to check the status, or continue to wait. I asked both of references, one of whom already has a LTCF said they have not been contacted.

(Berks County)

Default Re: Dauphin County LTCF

Quote Originally Posted by crakkajakka15 View Post
    Ok so on Feb. 8th i went and applied for my LTCF at the Dauphin County sheriffs office. Everything was ok, and before leaving I asked the guy how long is this going to take, and he replied exactly 10 business days. It is now Day 12, should i call to check the status, or continue to wait. I asked both of references, one of whom already has a LTCF said they have not been contacted.
    Wait. State law gives the issuing office 45 days to complete the application, regardless of they told you.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Lebanon County)

It took me 3 weeks to get my permit, after reading all the hassle so many people go through I thought it would be a hassle and take a long time as well, you should hear by the end of the week, they called and said I could pick it up anytime.

(York County)

Wow 3 weeks!

Dauphin county was issuing the licenses on the spot a few years ago. They took about 10-15 minutes and that got you a laminated picture license. Everyone i know who has one from Dauphin never had any references called.

Congrats on you LTCF.

(Dauphin County)

This is interesting to read. When I got my LTCF, I lived in York County and that license is still good until April 2009. My wife is going to be filing her application for her LTCF as soon as we get down to the Dauphin County Courthouse.

When I applied in York County, I paid the $19 fee, filled out the application, and they told me to come back in 3 weeks to get my photo taken and receive my license as long as I didn't receive a denial letter in the mail within the first 2 weeks.

I've never heard of a license being issued on-the-spot though, although it would make sense considering the background check actually does only take 10-15 minutes for the Sheriff's Office to complete. I think the reason York County takes the extended time is for the fact that they receive so many applications that it's difficult to process that many that quickly.

I'll be watching this thread to see how others have made out in the past with Dauphin County.

-38SnubFan

(Dauphin County)

When I applied a few years ago. It took them three weeks and they never called my refs. It took me only five minutes to fill out the appliction and when I handed it back to the deputy he said that I was approved, I signed the credit card like machine in the corner of the room and was told that my permit would be ready in about two weeks.

My father got his non-res from Centre County, he mailed the application on monday, and got the permit on wednesday. I thought that was pretty fast.
    AIDS - Aviation Induced Disease Syndrome

(Dauphin County)

i have had mien in dauphin county for near 20 years with a short 3 year stint in cumberland county.

every time it has taken usually about 2 weeks or so.

(Dauphin County)

UPDATE!!! Dauphin county sheriffs office called today and.........................................APPROV ED....going to pick it up tomorrow morning ..... kid in a candy store

(Dauphin County)

Picked it up this morning...no issues...looks like a library card

(Dauphin County)

one question though... on my application i marked down reason for self defense, i just noticed on the license it says for hunting/fishing. Am i still able to carry as normal, with it being marked that way?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast