Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Talking "Need to be able to Record Police Stop?" There's an APP for that..

Just saw this on today's news, This feature may come in handy to those who don't want to carry a recorder....

ACLU-NJ Launches Smartphone App That Lets Users Secretly Record Police Stops
    July 3, 2012 2:27 PM
    Share this 209
    View Comments

Share and see what your friends read on CBS Local.
    What's this?
    Police Tape App (credit: ACLU-NJ)
    Filed Under

Heard On 1010 WINS, WCBS, WFAN, Local, News, NJ News, Watch + Listen
    Related Tags

Alex Silverman, Alexander Shalom, American Civil Liberties Union, Android, App, iPhone, Police Tape
    Check Out

Celeb Train Wrecks
    Dead Or Alive?
    Better With Age
    Notable Deaths 2012
    Conservative Celebs
    Separated At Birth
    NEWARK, N.J. (CBSNewYork/AP) – New Jersey’s branch of the American Civil Liberties Union has taken its mission of policing the police to smartphones.

The ACLU has released an app called “Police Tape” that lets users secretly record police stops.

The ACLU’s Alexander Shalom said the app is easy to use.

“There’s really only three buttons that the user needs to deal with,” Shalom said. “There’s a know your rights button that educates the citizen about their rights when encountering police on the street, in a car, in their home or when they’re going to be placed under arrest, and there’s a button to record audio and a button to record video.”

WCBS 880′s Alex Silverman reports

MORE to the article plus video at site; link; http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/07/...-police-stops/

(Cambria County)

Default Re: "Need to be able to Record Police Stop?" There's an APP for that..

This is good.

It is sad though that we even "need" something like this to protect us from THUG LEO's who misuse their servant position and think they are master.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mK2JYfZAmA When will America become America?

I use Cop Recorder II for Android.
    Je suis Charles Martel.

(Montgomery County)

I couldn't locate Police Tape for the iPhone. But what I've been using is called Audio Memo. I've used it before when I had walked into a 7-11 filled with cops at 1AM. I just pressed the record button prior to walking into the store, and then blacked out my screen. You can also lock your phone to prevent an "accidental" shutting off of the app during a police encounter. You can then send your recorded message to someone, email, etc.
    I would rather die in a shootout than get assassinated in a "gun free zone"

(Dauphin County)

Do not record audio

Quote Originally Posted by Emas_art7 View Post
    Do not record audio
    ???? Why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Emas_art7 View Post
    Do not record audio
    Do not give nonsensical advice.

Jan
    So long and thanks for all the fish.

(Chester County)

Since you brought the subject up, are there any Android apps out there that will automatically upload while recording? I currently have Tape-a-Talk Pro as a standby on my phone but you can only upload a recording after you finish recording and in some cases... one might not be in possession of their belongings after a police encounter while carrying.

(Bradford County)

Quote Originally Posted by BKling View Post
    Since you brought the subject up, are there any Android apps out there that will automatically upload while recording? I currently have Tape-a-Talk Pro as a standby on my phone but you can only upload a recording after you finish recording and in some cases... one might not be in possession of their belongings after a police encounter while carrying.
    Two ways to get into this:

1. If you're worried that you may not have your phone, call your own voicemail and leave the speaker piece exposed on your phone. Anyone can access your voicemail from any other phone if they have your phone number and passkey to review the conversation. It can be recorded directly from most cellular phones via the headset jack plugged into an audio recorder as the voice message plays back, and the recording will have the same clarity as you'd be hearing from the ear piece.

2. There are, in some cities, phone lines that are set up with recorders for just this. They're there to record conversations during which people believe something "may go down". Some of them broadcast conversations publicly via web pages, also, so be careful about when you call them to record.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by BKling View Post
    I think Qik might do what you're looking for. It's a video streaming/upload app, but that includes audio. You might even be able to disable the video and do audio only, but I don't know because I haven't played with it. (Don't have smartphone myself.)
    I am not a lawyer. Nothing I say or write is legal advice.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast