Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: "Need to be able to Record Police Stop?" There's an APP for that..

Quote Originally Posted by Emas_art7 View Post
    Is illegal in Pa record someones voice without their permision. first off it will not be use in court and
    Second you will be charged
    A couple of things to read if you are interested.

An article about the ruling by the justice department.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/21/op...cord.html?_r=3

http://www.universalhub.com/2011/cou...ng-police-offi

http://www.thirteen.org/metrofocus/2...and-frisk-app/

And you can google a lot more information. I used "court cases, can police be recorded" for my search.

Also if you go to Youtube, you will find a ton of videos of people recording encounters with the police.

I was going to link to sprrdhawk44 thread where he recorded an encounter but the video link appears dead. Might just be my computer.

Here is a recent example that is interesting.

http://forum.pafoa.org/open-carry-14...ion-video.html

(Allegheny County)

I apologize for resurrecting a zombie thread, but I'm looking for an iPhone app to record encounters with. It should work with the phone locked, and it should SIMULTANEOUSLY upload the audio somewhere like Dropbox. Does anyone know such an app?

The closest I've found is Dropvox, which records while locked, but only uploads after the recording stops--or not at all if you stop it by throwing the phone down on pavement.

I'm also looking for an app for iPhone that will simultaneously record/upload. It looks like Qik now does that. From their website:

It’s easy. Before you finish recording, your Qik videos are already saved to your online Video Gallery, ready for safe-keeping or sharing. Save up to 25 videos! What could be easier than that?
    Anyone currently using Qik and can offer their experience about it? Does it upload live as it seems to be claiming?

http://qik.com/info/overview
    “A Republic, if you can keep it.” - Benjamin Franklin

(Allegheny County)

Bambuser is nice. It is available for Android and Iphone. The app allows you to upload to their site in either private or public form. You can also broadcast Live to facebook so if you are in any trouble a friend or family member browsing facebook can see watch and help you if needed. As I said it records live, so even if the Leo gets annoyed and bold enough to take your phonethe video will still be uploaded to the website. You can turn the audio off or change the quality, the video quality can be chosen also but I don't see an option to turn it off if you would be looking for an audio only recorder.

Cool, thanks. It's always nice to get first hand experience with apps. They all look good, until you install them.

(Lehigh County)

Bambuser is definitely the way to go for smartphone recordings.

It live streams to the cloud (private or public..your preference), you can record while the screen is off and you can choose what quality you want to record in.

the only downside is if you lose your data connection it seems to stop recording.

Ustream; streams instantly and saves broadcasts.
    1776 or 1984? - You decide.

That's the other one I was looking at but couldn't tell if you had to upgrade to the Pro account to upload live.

(Chester County)

Just make sure your dogs not with in range before you start recording
    WHEN DEMOCRACY TURNS TO TYRANNY, THE ARMED CITIZEN STILL GETS TO VOTE

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast