Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Local Ranges

(Allegheny County)

Default Local Ranges

Hi guys, just picked up this:

I was interested in joining a club but the ones that I have checked out so far have a 2 year waiting list (Allegheny Rifle Club and Rosedale Gun Club). I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions. PMSC is a little far for me. Do you think its better to just go with Wexford until one of the closer places opens up?

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Local Ranges

Quote Originally Posted by ronin152 View Post
    Hi guys, just picked up this:

I was interested in joining a club but the ones that I have checked out so far have a 2 year waiting list (Allegheny Rifle Club and Rosedale Gun Club). I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions. PMSC is a little far for me. Do you think its better to just go with Wexford until one of the closer places opens up?
    I live in Ross and am a PMSC member. It's worth the drive, a friend of mine use to go to Rosedale with his friend who is a member there and joined PMSC instead because of the facilities.

There is a state game lands in Wexford. I used to shoot there but quit after witnessing to many incidences of unsafe firearms handling. This was before the range use permit went into place and it sounds like it's getting a bit better. Also they are renovating the rage and there will be separate pistol and rifle areas. I'm considering dropping the $30 on the use permit for the days I just want to run up and fire off a few rounds in addition to the PMSC membership.

See this thread for mine and others ever changing opinion of the Wexford SGL as well as info on location.

http://forum.pafoa.org/allegheny-27/...xford-sgl.html