Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    (Erie County)

Thumbs down Anthony Arms & Accessories Shooting Center in West Mifflin PA

Anthony Arms & Accessories Shooting Center in West Mifflin PA
    2980 Lebanon Church Road
    West Mifflin PA 15122
    (412) 469-9992
    (412) 469-9994 Fax

What is the deal with these guys? I see that their website has content stolen from a website I created for a local client.. they even have the name of the company they stole the copy from on their website.. they didn't even change that to their name.. what a bunch of lamers!

Compare
    hxxp://www.lethalweaponstraining.com/pa-act-235.html
    Lethal Weapons certification, officially known as PA Act 235, is mandatory for all privately employed persons who utilize any type of a lethal weapon in the performance of their work. Lethal Weapons Training Academy is a state certified center for PA Act 235.

Information and official PA Act 235 application forms can be obtained from the Pennsylvania State Police lethal weapons training program website. To begin the Act 235 application process, You will need to download and print the following three forms.

1. SP-200 Agent application
    2. SP-200a Physical exam
    3. SP-200b Psychological exam

(you may need to install adobe pdf reader to view these forms)

Applicants should take each of the forms to their respective doctors for exam and completion. After completing form SP-200, the applicant should take it to the nearest PA State Police barracks, along with the fees. Upon completion of all required information the applicant will be fingerprinted by the PA State Police and your application forwarded to Lethal Weapons Training Commission for approval.
    to
    hxxp://www.anthonyarms.com/lethalweaponstraining.htm
    Anthony Arms, in conjunction with the Beaver County Community College is now offering Act 235 Lethal Weapons certification at our facility.

PA ACT 235 Certified Lethal Weapons certification, officially known as PA Act 235, is mandatory for all privately employed persons who utilize any type of a lethal weapon in the performance of their work. Lethal Weapons Training Academy is a state certified center for PA Act 235.

Information and official PA Act 235 application forms can be obtained from the Pennsylvania State Police lethal weapons training program website. To begin the Act 235 application process, you will need to download and print the following three forms:

1. SP-200 Agent application [.PDF]
    2. SP-200a Physical exam [.PDF]
    3. P-200b Psychological exam [.PDF]

Applicants should take each of the forms to their respective doctors for exam and completion. After completing form SP-200, the applicant should take it to the nearest PA State Police barracks, along with the fees. Upon completion of all required information the applicant will be fingerprinted by the PA State Police and your application forwarded to Lethal Weapons Training Commission for approval.
    Obviously a total rip-off.. who are these people?

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Anthony Arms & Accessories Shooting Center in West Mifflin PA

Doug

the place is owned(or at least financed) by ray Anthony. He is probably one of the wealthiest people in the Pittsburgh area. He used to own Anthony crane rental, sold it, and has financed or opened a bunch of different businesses. They have a shop and indoor range. I couldn't tell you the last time I was in there. I found there prices very high, and the shop filled with extremely high-end guns(some to the tune of $100,000) I also didn't find the salesman very helpful. the range fees are high, and you have to shoot their ammo. I live no more than 10 minutes fromt he shop, but i'll bet I've only been in there 3 or 4 times, and none in the last 5 years.

Ron

(Erie County)

Thanks for the Info.

I called them this morning and talked to their GM 'Mark'. He seemed pretty computer illiterate and suggested their webdesign company was responsible for the lifted content. He said he would call them and get it taken care of. He was very nice about it, and I believe he was being sincere.

I'll check back in a week and see if the lifted content is still there.

(Luzerne County)

what recourse do you have if they do not take it down?
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Allegheny County)

I stopped going there when the No Concealed Weapon sign went up.

Quote Originally Posted by ALS View Post
    I stopped going there when the No Concealed Weapon sign went up.
    wow, I can't believe ANYONE goes there after that went up.

I live about 30min from there but have never gone, just hear the stories of people paying $90 for a trip to the range and it makes me sick

(Westmoreland County)

They are terrible, Doug. That is just bullshit that they are lifting content.

I have not been in there in years, but they are very shakey. Wouldn't give me a receipt or accept a credit card (despite the Visa sign in the window) for work done on a gun. Cash only. Like I said...shakey.
    VEGETARIAN: Native American word meaning "bad hunter"

(Fayette County)

What is the deal with the "NO CONCEALED WEAPONS" sign? I've been there several times and the only one I saw was on the front door about noo uncased weapons coming in....

Not a big fan of Anthony's. Huge selection for the most part, but I think they are usually higher priced than what I can get here in Erie. I used to live minutes from the shop. I was home in Pittsburgh on business, and stopped in to see if they had any compact XDs in .40 caliber. They had just come out and were hard to find. The clerk, who is always there, told me that he had several in 9mm, and that the .40s leave the shelf as soon as they come in. I told him that I was from Erie, and that my coworker would buy one from them no questions asked. I asked if he could call me when they got one in. His reply..."We don't need to call anybody, it will sell just fine". Ok. I work with at least twenty people who are into shooting. Not that it matters to Mr. Anthony, but he will never get any of our money. That is the basic ATTITUDE of the shop in my opinion.
    Jules

(Erie County)

Here's the Email Mark sent me today:

rom Mark Pasquale <markp@anthonyholdings.com>
    to xxxxx@xxxxx.xxx
    date Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 5:13 PM
    subject reply........
    mailed-by anthonyholdings.com

Doug,

After speaking to you on the phone today, again let me say that there was no malicious intent behind the content of our web page and the content contained within. I have recently sent a correction that Iwant to be inserted into the section(s) that contained your previously written material. Once again, please accept MY apology for the mix up. this should be corrected within the next 24 - 48 hours.

Thanks again.............Mark Pasquale / General Manager

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast