Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Ankle holster recomendation.

Can anyone tell me what would be a good ankle holster for a Glock 27? I'm looking for something reliable like one that a cop would use. Not too worried about price as long as its good quality, and not K-Mart grade. Thanks for any info.
    " The Seeds of Oppression Will One Day Bear The Fruit of Rebellion."

Default Re: Ankle holster recomendation.

Not trying to hijack your Thread... But That is a good question... Anyone know one for a Ruger LCP??? No-one seems to have any idea when I ask them.
    ΑΣΦ

(Cumberland County)

Wink Re: Ankle holster recomendation.

personally i like galco products. i carry my ppks in one during suite and tie events. not the cheapest option but damn good for quality and comfort. it will last.

(Allegheny County)

Personally, I think the little Glocks are a bit to big and "blocky" to ankle carry. I've tried, and have been through several styles of holster. Most of the hard shell type holsters hang the gun to far away from your leg which gives the rig a flopping around feel, and requires pants with larger leg bottoms to conceal it. The styles that came close are the ones that are soft shelled. They hold the gun closer to the ankle to help reduce the floppy feel.

The second issue is the weight. Unless you wear hiking boots or work boots to hold the rig up, it will slide down and end up riding on your ankle. Unless of course you opt for the calf support strap.

The closest I got was using a Desantis Apache.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVi6lz0jtMs
    Toujours prêt

(Lancaster County)

For starters you absolutely need one with a calf strap. It is too heavy of a gun to not use one. I bought a elcheapo blackhawk ankle holster for my 27 to see if i would like to ankle carry and in the future i would like to get a better one. I will say summer carry is almost unbearably warm since it is a big gun that you have to strap tight.

(Allegheny County)

I carry a P3AT in one like this all the time: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ankle-Concea...item256c28efd9

It's cheap and it works great. It's got enough range of fit that I can wear it over my boots or around my ankle over dress shoes and it stays snug. I tend to agree with the statement that larger guns will flop around. I've also carried a stainless PPKS in an ankle rig, and, even though it's still a relatively small gun, it flops around more than the P3AT. I have a larger, sturdier (heavier) ankle holster that holds it pretty well, but I never carry it anymore.

(Montgomery County)

http://www.blackhawk.com/product/Ank...ter,779,34.htm

I use the Blackhawk while ankle carrying my Glock 27. If you make it tight enough, it'll stay put. I use this setup while at the gym in the middle of the night.
    I would rather die in a shootout than get assassinated in a "gun free zone"

Can't tell you how it'll be with a Glock (seems a bit large and blocky for ankle carry), but I use one occasionally for my S&W 638. I use a Galco Ankle Glove with the optional calf-strap. Never had a problem and comfortable for all day wear.

Adios,

Pizza Bob
    NRA Benefactor Member

(Delaware County)

I personally think the glock is too blocky and heavy for ankle carry but it depends on your size and type of pants you wear. I'm not sure of the weight of the glock 27 but when I carried a j frame model 60 I started to get back problems.
    I carried in an ankle holster for 7-8 years as a backup. At that time there were fewer choices, no LCPs, KelTecs, etc. I carried a S&W model 60 for a few years then finally realized an airweight bodyguard or centennial was perfect for revolver ankle carry.
    As far as holsters, everyone is different but for me the key was finding something that didn't shift around while walking, driving, going up steps, etc. I liked a holster that DeSantis made(can't remember the name) and a company called Renegade in AZ. I've since looked at the Ankleglove and like that also.
    There are a few techniques for getting your piece out of an ankle holster but you have to practice and none are as quick as a good waist/hip holster. Sitting in a car is an exception. You can access it pretty quickly.

(Mercer County)

I would recommend the Desantis Apache.
    The oracle is in. Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast