Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Westmoreland County)

Default S&W M&P .22 PISTOL OWNERS

what are you guys using for ammo in yours ? if you are having feeding issues i may be able to help out......REMINGTON GOLDEN BULLETS. yes, that notorious crappy remington rimfire ammo works 100% , meaning always. doesnt leave all that crap in the gun like blazers and feeds well. for anyone reading this who doesnt know this pistol,its a walther-s&w knockoff of a real m&p 9mm. after switching to this ,the slide doesnt get sludged up, the feedramp stays clean, this thing must have a taste for the gold.

Default Re: S&W M&P .22 PISTOL OWNERS

Quote Originally Posted by 86250rrippin View Post
    what are you guys using for ammo in yours ? if you are having feeding issues i may be able to help out......REMINGTON GOLDEN BULLETS. yes, that notorious crappy remington rimfire ammo works 100% , meaning always. doesnt leave all that crap in the gun like blazers and feeds well. for anyone reading this who doesnt know this pistol,its a walther-s&w knockoff of a real m&p 9mm. after switching to this ,the slide doesnt get sludged up, the feedramp stays clean, this thing must have a taste for the gold.
    No it doesn't. In fact I found very little consistency in any ammo that I tried so the gun went back to the store. It is a pretty poor performer in my opinion and I even own a Walther P22 which does work reliably, although not one of my favorite 22's. My advise is don't waste your time and money on this pistol get a Ruger 22/45 lite, which is a very nice light 22 pistol.

(Bucks County)

Pistols are funny,mine does not like Federal bulk but it works fine with Blazers. If i find the Remington Gold i'll give them a try. I do love my M&P .22 and its fun to shoot with the right ammo. Thanks for the info.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by vjb.knife View Post
    No it doesn't. In fact I found very little consistency in any ammo that I tried so the gun went back to the store. It is a pretty poor performer in my opinion and I even own a Walther P22 which does work reliably, although not one of my favorite 22's. My advise is don't waste your time and money on this pistol get a Ruger 22/45 lite, which is a very nice light 22 pistol.

im glad you like your walther. as for the m&p pistol, i like mine . rock on brother

im glad you like your walther. as for the m&p pistol, i like mine . rock on brother
    Oh, I did not mean to say that I like the Walther P22. As I said in my post, the " Walther P22 which does work reliably, although not one of my favorite 22's". I have one and it is OK; and is at least reliable with a wide variety of ammo, but it is no tack driver.

Three things about the S&W M&P22 first it had a lot of ftf's, second it only came with one magazine and extra magazines were not readily available and third it was only moderately accurate.

I have a few other 22's that do like because they work all the time and are very accurate. Ruger Mk III models, High Standards, a Beretta 89 and a S&W 41 (although it is ammo sensitive but with the right ammo it is a very good shooter).

If you have a S&W M&P 22 that works well and you like it, that is great. I also used to have a S&W M&P 45 which I liked the feel of and it functioned reliably, but it got low marks on accuracy, so it is gone as well.

I have a low tolerance for firearms that don't meet my expectations. I would dump the P22 but the store would not take it on a trade and I could not find a buyer.
    Last edited by vjb.knife; June 27th, 2012 at 02:51 PM.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

I'm not surprised. The Golden Bullets are also the only cheap ammo I've found that runs well in my Sig P229.

(Berks County)

Federal bulk packs from walmart 525 run like a champ in my M&P 22. Not one failure and it's eating its way through box number three. I do hate loading the mags.