Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default March to Washington Eagles UP

www.eaglesup.us

As a soldier leaving Iraq after a one year tour of duty I have very mixed emotions about leaving here. I think all of us who volunteered to come here had hoped to see this situation in the Middle East resolved satisfactorily during our period of service. Now there is such a turbulent political climate in the US, the future is totally uncertain. What can we do now?

Out of desperation and an intense desire for the American people to understand the perspective of those who have served here, I have an idea, perhaps as drastic as volunteering to come out of retirement to do a tour in a combat zone. So, maybe if you are a Patriot, this idea will appeal to you as well.

Along with several cohorts here in Iraq, LTC Marc Breslow and MAJ Carl Heerup, we are planning to march from South Carolina to Washington DC during the month of March 2008. The reason is to show support for the Troops and the Mission of the Troops. The purpose is to demonstrate resolve to do a difficult task and to create a dialogue about our National "Will to Win". We firmly believe that you can not support the Troops without supporting the Mission which the Troops are asked to give their lives for. The Troops are resolved to win and over 3900 brave men and women have sacrificed their lives for America and for victory. Sacrificing your life demonstrates the greatest possible sacrifice and resolve. The march will cover over 400 miles, but if it were not incredibly challenging, it would mean nothing.

To honor the resolve and sacrifice of those who have died here, we must “Resolve to Win” in Iraq. To protect our way of life and insure that our children do not have to re-engage this enemy in 5 or 10 years, we must "Resolve to Win", here and now.

Of course all of America wants the troops to come home. Every Troop in Iraq and Afganistan wants to come home, but NOT before victory is achieved.

Please do not misunderstand, this is NOT a political or partisan position. Our level of "National Will" has the potential for far reaching consequences more significant than partisan politics. This issue transcends political issues and is far more important than who is elected as the next President of the United States.

Not since WWII has America demonstrated the resolve to do whatever it takes to defeat the enemies of our nation.

"The pacifist is as surely a traitor to his country and to humanity as is the most brutal wrongdoer."
    Teddy Roosevelt
    "Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician" Col. Jeff Cooper (U.S.M.C. Ret.)
    Speed is fine, Accuracy is final

(York County)

Exclamation Re: March to Washington Eagles UP

some left-wing nuts are threatening the GoE with violence this weekend...the language is pretty bad...

http://michellemalkin.com/2008/03/10...ing-of-eagles/

the march 15th GoE action alert is here:

http://gatheringofeagles.org/2008/03...rt-march-15th/
    Last edited by rev214; March 10th, 2008 at 10:09 PM.
    FOAC * GOA * SAF * NRA Life Member

(Berks County)

Default Re: March to Washington Eagles UP

OK, I'm just pissed at this point. I wish the I could attend but it just isn't possible. Those pissants from IVAW have really got my Irish up this time.
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

(York County)

Exclamation Re: March to Washington Eagles UP

please read if attending any of the scheduled events this weekend:

http://michellemalkin.com/2008/03/12...onsfacilities/
    Last edited by rev214; March 13th, 2008 at 01:17 PM. Reason: fix link

(York County)

Default Re: March to Washington Eagles UP

I don't personally agree with the IVAW platform and actions, but at least they stepped up here:

IVAW terminates one member, indefinitely suspends another
    Last edited by rev214; March 13th, 2008 at 02:12 PM. Reason: link