Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Any Liberals here?

I notice that most poster here pretty much agree on the issues but I'm sure there must be some members who are more to the Left of the political landscape.

I sincerely hope that you also feel comfortable here to post your views that may differ with the majority. Knowing some member and learning about the others, I think I can speak for most saying that all views would be treated with respect.

Just wondering....

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Any Liberals here?

Quote Originally Posted by phillyd2 View Post
    I notice that most poster here pretty much agree on the issues but I'm sure there must be some members who are more to the Left of the political landscape.

I sincerely hope that you also feel comfortable here to post your views that may differ with the majority. Knowing some member and learning about the others, I think I can speak for most saying that all views would be treated with respect.

Just wondering....
    I would imagine we have many people with more or less libertarian viewpoints which would differ greatly from the standard Republican views on many issues. I'm one of those.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Westmoreland County)

I tend to get pushed into the Lefty/Liberal category. I don't like it but expect it in this environment. I like to think of myself as a Progressive Libertarian but I hesitate to use "Libertarian" because of the droves of shamed Republicans scampering towards it. I like my Constitutional rights and I think they should be preserved and expanded. I don't feel the current political climate fosters those sentiments in any capacity. I don't like the two party system and I don't like the two partys. I just get lumped into the "Liberal" category for my lack of blind faith in the current administration.

I'm very much pro free speech, free exchange of information, open and small gov't (so small you forget it's there), the return of States Rights, appropriate *LEGAL* immigration, citizen gun rights (naturally), choice (w/ consent of father).

I'm anti income tax, non last resort war, illegal immigration, curbing of free speech, political correctness, Bush, Kerry, Hillary, global placement of troops, mass military buildup (that's why we have our guns), war on drugs, and lots of other stuff.

Well, there you have it. Feel free to point out any hypocritical conflitcts. I'll be the first to admit to it.
    "Because I'm an American." - MtnJack

Depends on the issue on which way I sway, though I am never to the extreme left. I am pretty much a right leaning libertarian. Wish I could find the website, but I tried to cheat it several times, and it kept bring back to the right leaning libertarian.
    Quote Originally Posted by IceFire View Post
    Sgt....Do NOT piss off the wife, do NOT piss off the wife!
    Army Strong

These are my opinions, my opinions only. If you are offended, please, please, call Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton, I would like the notoriety.

(Philadelphia County)

I have been a called a liberal here by people who simply do not know any better.

I do not believe in political ideologies. The Free-Market is the solution to just about any problem you can come up with.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Westmoreland County)

The entire left / right thing has been usurped by the exigencies of political war chests (i.e. money) and the political power and influence that are derived from it.

But isn't it odd that the current Bush administration's position in the federal courts regarding the 2A have been extremely, almost virulently anti-gun and anti-individual rights in contrast to Sen. Humphrey's comments below (Humphrey being a *classic* 60's liberal)?

"Certainly one of the chief guarantees of freedom under any government, no matter how popular and respected, is the right of citizens to keep and bear arms. This is not to say that firearms should not be very carefully used, and that definite safety rules of precaution should not be taught and enforced. But the right of citizens to bear arms is just one more guarantee against arbitrary government, and one more safeguard against a tyranny which now appears remote in America, but which historically has proved to be always possible."

Sen. Hubert Humphrey, Know Your Lawmakers, Guns Magazine, Page 4, Feb. 1960.
    Last edited by TonyF; December 10th, 2006 at 10:52 AM.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by TonyF View Post
    The entire left / right thing has been usurped by the exigencies of political war chests (i.e. money) and the political power and influence that are derived from it.

But isn't it odd that the current Bush administration's position in the federal courts regarding the 2A have been extremely, almost virulently anti-gun and anti-individual rights in contrast to Sen. Humphrey's comments below (Humphrey being a *classic* 60's liberal)?

"Certainly one of the chief guarantees of freedom under any government, no matter how popular and respected, is the right of citizens to keep and bear arms. This is not to say that firearms should not be very carefully used, and that definite safety rules of precaution should not be taught and enforced. But the right of citizens to bear arms is just one more guarantee against arbitrary government, and one more safeguard against a tyranny which now appears remote in America, but which historically has proved to be always possible."

Sen. Hubert Humphrey, Know Your Lawmakers, Guns Magazine, Page 4, Feb. 1960.

Thanks Tony, never heard of this Humphrey quote. Very odd indeed that old time liberals and conservatives sound so different these days.

(Clarion County)

I am a liberty minded american. (ex republican)
    I teeter between the libertarian and constitutional parties.
    I stole this from a libertarian site end it fits here.

We advocate:

The Minimum Possible Government
    The Maximum Personal Freedom (that does not infringe on another's equal freedom)
    No Use of Force in Pursuit of Political or Social Ends
    Free and Open Markets

I stole this from a republican site.It shows why I am an ex republican.

Democracy is a cause worth fighting for, as any good American knows. While the democractic system is far from perfect, it is the best political system ever invented. Therefore democracy should be embraced throughout the world.Democracy leads to rule of law,
    Last edited by josh; December 10th, 2006 at 11:18 AM.
    An enemy of liberty is no friend of mine!I do not owe respect to anyone who would enslave me by government force,nor is it wise for such a person to expect it!
    Isaiah Ambrey
    If you think you have the right not to be offended. I suggest you promptly purchase a toe attachment and a twelve gauge. One time use is all that is necessary.

(Allegheny County)

when it comes to politics, "liberal" and "conservative" are among the most misused words in the english language these days. they have become almost meaningless.

many people seem to think being politically conservative means using government to force their morality on others. actually, though, that is a very politically liberal idea.

i am:

economically conservative--meaning i believe in a free market

politically conservative--meaning i believe in limited, non-intrusive government and true individual freedom

socially liberal--meaning i think people should live their lives however they want to as long as they aren't harming anyone else...and i don't find people who choose to live their lives differently than i do repugnant or "wrong" or "evil"

I consider myslef a Semi-Conservative Republicrat
    "We shoot to stop. ... Unfortunately, death can be a byproduct."

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast