Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Butler County)

Default Kids first time hunting

took my 2 year old little girl hunting for the first time today. my parents own some woods behind their house so we walked down the trail. she had her orange hat and i tied an orange vest on her so she really felt like it was the real deal. i brought my 22 with me just in case we saw a groundhog. we ended up seeing 3 fawns and my little girl was so excited to see them, ha. then we saw a good sized squirrel within killing distance, and then a big rabbit. she thought it was awesome to see all of that within about 10 minutes of slowly walking.

im glad she had fun. after we got back to the house, i kept thinking, why do i see all of this game during the off season!

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: Kids first time hunting

Because they know the seasons.
    Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by cellboothmgr View Post
    took my 2 year old little girl hunting for the first time today. my parents own some woods behind their house so we walked down the trail. she had her orange hat and i tied an orange vest on her so she really felt like it was the real deal. i brought my 22 with me just in case we saw a groundhog. we ended up seeing 3 fawns and my little girl was so excited to see them, ha. then we saw a good sized squirrel within killing distance, and then a big rabbit. she thought it was awesome to see all of that within about 10 minutes of slowly walking.

im glad she had fun. after we got back to the house, i kept thinking, why do i see all of this game during the off season!
    Kudos to you for taking your girl for a walk in the woods.Glad you got to see enough wildlife to keep it interesting for both of you.
    Μολὼν λαβέ
    Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

(Delaware County)

Nice job. I tried this with my 3 year old a bunch of times over the last few months. She is so loud we never see anything but ticks. Well, if at first you don't succeed...

(Butler County)

my little one has such a sqweeky voice, the animals probably thought it was a bird being attacked. it was just nice being out with her. we went to another spot and she fell asleep before we got there, so we just drove around for a while. today she told all my friends what we saw and everything so that was fun too.