Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Looking for 300 Blackout Upper/Bbl

Does anybody know of a shop or manufacturer that sells a 300 blackout barrel or entire upper in 14.5" with an AAC adapter already permanently installed? I've got a lower already and would be fine just getting the barrel, but don't want to go through the NFA hassle.

I just had my 14.5" 556 pinned/welded by a local gunsmith and had an extremely bad experience (took months to finish and when done they had completely mangled the suppressor threads, rendering it useless). They claimed that silver-soldering was not a legal method for affixing the adapter...

Default Re: Looking for 300 Blackout Upper/Bbl

as far as I know, unless bought, modified, and resold.....the barrels only come in 16" and 9"

Also.....leave that 14.7" pin and weld stuff alone. I just went through that myself and its not worth it in any stretch of the means.

And the silver solder is a bit of an asterisk. Most solders are silver solder. What you need to be legal is high temp silver solder which is more rare. I think it has to be 1100 degree. You much better off to just weld the dang thing with steel.

I pinned and welded mine. Then, after reading some horror stories, I just welded a bead around the whole thing. I know I'll never do another 14.7" barrel pin and weld again.
    [account deactivated]

(Butler County)

Get the 9" and build it as a pistol so you can use it while you wait 6 months for your stamp...thats what i did and am very happy.

(Chester County)

At the rate of delivery on 300aac stuff you might get the stamp before the upper...
    Hoplophobia is funny

(Lackawanna County)

There are many manufacturers who will build the barrel and pin the device for you. Check out www.300blktalk.com.

That said I don't believe 14.5" is worth the hassle with the welding/pin. There is nothing to be gained from it over 16". If you want short go with an 8-10".

(Lycoming County)

Rainier arms has their in house brand and Noveske barrels in 300 BLK 14.5 flavor. They are also offer smith services so they can pin your muzzle device.

http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=sho...300aacblackout

If those are too pricey, just buy a 16" and send it to Adco to be cut to 14.5 and pinned.

http://www.adcofirearms.com/