Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Some cc questions from a non-carrying person

I am a tradesman that does 90% residential work that takes me into homes all around Pittsburgh. Some good neighborhoods some bad. What are your thoughts on someone that comes to your home to do some sort of work and is carrying concealed? I do not have a ltcf yet, but am planning on it shortly, and would like to get a general consensus on this issue? Cheers.
    Who Dares Wins.

Default Re: Some cc questions from a non-carrying person

How would anyone know, if it is concealed that is?

As a customer I would have no problem with it, but unless you are self-employed your employers might.

Honestly, if you are truly carrying concealed then I as a homeowner would never know so it does not matter.

From my point of view I am fine with a contractor CC while working in my home. But..... remember this is a site filled with firearm enthusiasts (for lack of a better word). Odds are most people here will not have a problem. It's like asking a meat lover if they are okay with steak for dinner. Go onto an anti-gun website (assuming they are out there) and you may get a different perspective.

The problem comes from going into the home of someone who is anti-gun. If they see the gun they may have a problem or become upset. At that point I would respect the wishes of the homeowner and put the gun in my vehicle for the duration of the job.

(Chester County)

As mentioned, if you're cc'ing then no one should know. Personally, if I had a service tech in my home and discovered he was carry I'd ask him to leave. I don't know him or his familiarity with his firearms and safe practices.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by BKling View Post
    As mentioned, if you're cc'ing then no one should know. Personally, if I had a service tech in my home and discovered he was carry I'd ask him to leave. I don't know him or his familiarity with his firearms and safe practices.
    Yes and while he is working his weapon may crawl out of his holster and go on a rampage through your house as those nasty guns tend to do.
    Kick them in the nuts ........ or vajajay...--Mitch10mm

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Lobo41 View Post
    Yes and while he is working his weapon may crawl out of his holster and go on a rampage through your house as those nasty guns tend to do.
    hahahahahhaahah....rotfl
    common sense is a mf

Quote Originally Posted by Lobo41 View Post
    If he has a Glock it might accidentally shoot your dog or cat all by itself.

Don't give it a beer or it will murder the whole neighborhood.

(Delaware County)

While it is within your rights to do that, would that attitude carry over to an individual whom you discovered CC'ing in a store, bank or on the sidewalk (printing, inadvertent reveal of the firearm)? Would you high-tail it away from them because of the same reasons?

Not to be contentious here but, from your statement, it seems that it would be OK for you to carry but you don't trust others. How would anyone else know what your credentials are where firearm safety is concerned? The same litmus test would apply to you.

I have to admit that, for even as long as I've been CC'ing - a few LTCF renewals, I still tend to do a double-take when I see someone else "packing" simply because it has been pretty uncommon for me to see it in my area of confusion, either OC or an accidental reveal when someone is CC. For me, it's rather a novelty than something to be concerned about.

I usually carry around my own home - I don't bother concealing inside - and, a few years ago, I had a Verizon tech come in and he saw my gun. His immediate reaction was a simple, "Whoa!" I grinned and told him that unless he misbehaved, the gun would stay in the holster. He laughed and went about his business. He said he wasn't allowed to carry on the job but was thinking about applying for a "permit" for other times. I told him to go for it...

(Luzerne County)

I wouldn't have a problem with it personally. I'm less afraid of me or mine getting hurt by your concealed firearm than I am your utility knife, power tools etc.

(Delaware County)

BKling may have a point here. Not that the gun will go on a rampage by itself, but that you don't know the tech and he/she is in YOUR house. He may play with it at lunch, use the butt to hit a nail instead of getting a hammer show it to your kid and their friends. Extreme examples yes, but you really don't know how importantant safety is to them.

It's an interesting question and I can't say I would be completely ok with it. It probably would depend on my impression of the tech.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast