Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Default Re: New Gun Shop in Millcreek

Quote Originally Posted by Xmeter View Post
    I did another transfer at Presque Isle Gun Shop this week and, as usual, Dave could not have been any more accommodating.
    He goes out of his way to transfer FFL info very timely and calls me as soon as the firearm arrives.
    I feel bad as I would have just rather purchased the gun from him but they were unable to get what I wanted right now as I did check with them first. He stated that transfers were not a problem at all and that they would do them anytime.
    They get another A+ from me.
    You will also be hard pressed to find a shop in the area to do a transfer for a better price!
    Jules

(Erie County)

I still need to make a trip to this place...now is the time to find out which shops that look out for their customers and not fall to the greed of price gouging...
    "May Justice find the wicked and the wings of Liberty never lose a feather."

(Erie County)

Can't wait till payday! picking up my XDm 45 from these guys! nice guys here and friendly to offer help...would do business with them in a heartbeat.
    "May Justice find the wicked and the wings of Liberty never lose a feather."

(Lawrence County)

Was not too impressed with my most recent stop in at Presque Isle Shop. I had bought ammo here a few weeks ago (first visit ever) and figured I would stop back in to see if they had any 22lr, 9mm, 357 or 44 mag. They had all of the above except 22lr. Prices were high but given they had 9mm in stock I was willing to pay the $24 a box for brazer brass. Any way they had a firearm that I was interested in and we negioted an "out the door price." furthermore I was under the impression that the firearm was new. Well i did all the paperwork, and he begins ringing me up. Not only did the out the door price not include their $5 pics fee, I was also charged a $5% credit card fee and also the usually %6 PA Sales tax. I dont know about you, but when I say "Out the door Price" I mean tax and any applicable fees included.

But whatever, I still thought the price was fair. So I pay for the gun and the guy behing the counter, I believe his name was keith said that the gun I had just purchased did not come with a box or paperwork? But having already done all the paperwork and paid for it, at this point the gun was mine. The tag did indicate that the gun was used and the price certainly did not reflect used price either. I get the gun home and strip it down and is clearly used and just cleaned very well for in the showcase. I had planned on purchasing about $2500 in firearms over the few months but after this experience I will be taking my money elsewhere. Buyer beware

(Erie County)

I don't know what the pic fee is for. But I didnt have to pay a pic fee at keystone or gornflos. I did buy a 38 super at the millcreek shop and the rounds there were $34.00 a box (38super), and at keystone they were $24.00 a box(remington). Now I reload for 38 super.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by ar15jules View Post
    You will also be hard pressed to find a shop in the area to do a transfer for a better price!
    Jules
    Really? $35 for a transfer is a good price, try Walker Precision on West Gore.
    Chris charges $20.. So if I have my math correct, that's almost half of what PI Guns charge without Dave's shitty attitude. This guy acts like he doing you some big favor to do a transfer. Total rip off.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by psucivil View Post
    Was not too impressed with my most recent stop in at Presque Isle Shop. I had bought ammo here a few weeks ago (first visit ever) and figured I would stop back in to see if they had any 22lr, 9mm, 357 or 44 mag. They had all of the above except 22lr. Prices were high but given they had 9mm in stock I was willing to pay the $24 a box for brazer brass. Any way they had a firearm that I was interested in and we negioted an "out the door price." furthermore I was under the impression that the firearm was new. Well i did all the paperwork, and he begins ringing me up. Not only did the out the door price not include their $5 pics fee, I was also charged a $5% credit card fee and also the usually %6 PA Sales tax. I dont know about you, but when I say "Out the door Price" I mean tax and any applicable fees included.

But whatever, I still thought the price was fair. So I pay for the gun and the guy behing the counter, I believe his name was keith said that the gun I had just purchased did not come with a box or paperwork? But having already done all the paperwork and paid for it, at this point the gun was mine. The tag did indicate that the gun was used and the price certainly did not reflect used price either. I get the gun home and strip it down and is clearly used and just cleaned very well for in the showcase. I had planned on purchasing about $2500 in firearms over the few months but after this experience I will be taking my money elsewhere. Buyer beware
    They did the same to me, I found a gun that I was told was new, by the kid there named Kevin.
    Put it in layaway and when I paid it off was told it didn't come with a box or manual. Got it home and found it had been used, went back up and tried to talk to the owner Dave, but he got nasty telling me it was never sold as new. But he was not there when it was represented as new, and wouldn't even talk about taking it back. He said I can't give you anything close to what you paid I don't want it back. Oh well live and learn, but I will tell everyone how I was treated.
    To many other good Gun Shops in the area, this one won't be around long.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by Xmeter View Post
    I did another transfer at Presque Isle Gun Shop this week and, as usual, Dave could not have been any more accommodating.
    He goes out of his way to transfer FFL info very timely and calls me as soon as the firearm arrives.
    I feel bad as I would have just rather purchased the gun from him but they were unable to get what I wanted right now as I did check with them first. He stated that transfers were not a problem at all and that they would do them anytime.
    They get another A+ from me.
    I also have done multiple transfers there, great service. I have since moved to Ohio but transfers were awesome. Now pricing is another story but hey go capitalism if they can get people to pay it.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by Backup Shooter View Post
    Really? $35 for a transfer is a good price, try Walker Precision on West Gore.
    Chris charges $20.. So if I have my math correct, that's almost half of what PI Guns charge without Dave's shitty attitude. This guy acts like he doing you some big favor to do a transfer. Total rip off.

Yeh, I've done transfers through Chris several times, even used his service to sell a gun. $20 can't be beat, and you don't have to put up with bs about not paying their outrageous prices, since Chris doesn't sell guns.
    Last edited by SevenMilePete; January 15th, 2015 at 04:34 AM.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by ar15jules View Post
    Jules
    Do you work there? There are any number of shops that are cheaper. Walker Precision, $20.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast