Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    (Erie County)

Default Re: New Gun Shop in Millcreek

In there a couple times in the last 2 weeks. The "panic" is both good and bad. They sell almost anything they get in, but at the same time they have trouble getting stuff in. Seems to be slowing down though, they expect some shipments in the next week or so.
    The most dangerous place in America is a "gun free" zone.

Quote Originally Posted by mannymacfly View Post
    Stopped in, right now its rough due to the state of the gun industry. Some of the cooler stuff AKs and ARs are extremely overpriced now. I was able to pick up a Sig 229 LEO in awesome condition and some cheap ammo and some 30RD AR-15 mags. Great staff support local business!
    What kind of AR mags did they have and how much did they hit you over the head for them?
    Jules

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by ar15jules View Post
    What kind of AR mags did they have and how much did they hit you over the head for them?
    Jules
    I don't remember the brand name, but they were $30 each, plastic.
    5.56 ammo, $100 for 100 rnds.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    I don't remember the brand name, but they were $30 each, plastic.
    5.56 ammo, $100 for 100 rnds.
    I believe they are Tapco.

(Erie County)

Pro mag @ 40 a pop

Blah.........

(Erie County)

I finally got the opportunity to visit this shop on Friday. I was looking for a roll pin punch and believe it or not could not find one in Erie County.

I doubt that I will be returning.

While I was there, an elder gentleman asked the man behind the counter what he should do if he were pulled over and he was carrying concealed. He stated that he had permit and all, but had been hearing conflicting stories on what to do. The man behind the counter stated that it was in the best interest to tell the officer that he was carrying. I (without a thought) stated that there was no duty to inform in PA. When asked what I meant, I stated that there was no law that required that I inform the officer and unless I was asked to exit the vehicle I would not disclose that fact that I was legally carrying a weapon. The man behind the counter said I was wrong and when I asked him to prove his point he in turn asked that I depart the building. As luck would have it the elder gentleman left at the same time I did and our conversation concluded in the parking lot. He stated that he did not know much about the internet, but did accept a flyer and stated that he would have his grandson look into it for him.

(Erie County)

As has been stated many times before, "Gunshops, and cops, are the worst two places to learn about gun laws!"

Quote Originally Posted by shymwa View Post
    I finally got the opportunity to visit this shop on Friday. I was looking for a roll pin punch and believe it or not could not find one in Erie County.

While I was there, an elder gentleman asked the man behind the counter what he should do if he were pulled over and he was carrying concealed. He stated that he had permit and all, but had been hearing conflicting stories on what to do. The man behind the counter stated that it was in the best interest to tell the officer that he was carrying. I (without a thought) stated that there was no duty to inform in PA. When asked what I meant, I stated that there was no law that required that I inform the officer and unless I was asked to exit the vehicle I would not disclose that fact that I was legally carrying a weapon. The man behind the counter said I was wrong and when I asked him to prove his point he in turn asked that I depart the building. As luck would have it the elder gentleman left at the same time I did and our conversation concluded in the parking lot. He stated that he did not know much about the internet, but did accept a flyer and stated that he would have his grandson look into it for him.
    You originally stated that he claimed that it was in the person's "best interest". Did he state it as law or opinion? If he stated it as opinion, then I guess he is entitled to that. If he stated it as a matter or law, then of course he was flat wrong.
    Jules

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by shymwa View Post

So you gave the older gentleman a flyer about the internet?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast