Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Northumberland County)

Question Question new here

Hi I'm new to the forum but have a question. I have an opportunity to buy a like new hk p7. I've saw it today and it looks kinda strange. I heard either I'll love or hate it. The price is 750.00. It appears to be in excellent condition with a spare mag and a strange looking scraper type tool. Thanks for any opinion. Also any thoughts a a new remmington 1911 r1 for 489.00.

Default Re: Question new here

WELCOME aboard to the PAFOA from Central florida, I'm sure you will enjoy your visits, as far as the HK P7 goes thats en excellent price depending on the condition, most run in the range of $1500 to $1300, though I'm partial to the 45 acp over the 9mm, and would probably choice the Remington over the HK, as a keeper, but as an investment @ the price your getting the HK for you don't have nothing to lose.

shoot safe, shoot straight, and have fun

(Cumberland County)

Welcome ! HK P7 is an awesome pistol, very accurate, and extremely safe to carry! $750 is decent, about average price for a P7 ( although I have seen them go $1,000 or more for some depending on condition, which year, etc ). The P7M8 really starts to climb - $1,700+ usually! If you are looking for a true piece of art - this is it ( as you can tell, I love them ). All I've done to mine is throw some wood grips on it !

Not a P7 fan, but some people swear by them. If you found an R1 for $489, new, then I'd be all over that. Leaves a lot of room to do some add ons if you're into that. It's already a good gun out of the box.

http://www.gundigest.com/firearm-gun...ington-r1-1911

One of many good reviews of this 1911.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(Northumberland County)

Smile Re: Question new here

Thanks for the replies. I'll post pics of the one I decide on tomorrow

(Northampton County)

Call me shallow but I'd go with the r1 just because the 1911 is the sexiest design ever IMO. Not taking anything away from the hk because they build great guns but the p7 is on the uglier side.

(Lancaster County)

Just a thought,
    Do they even make the P7 any more? I have kicked around the idea of getting one (because the are so unique) but the price has always steered me toward something else (i.e. 2 Glocks for the same price). I also wonder about the availability of parts now if they no longer make them...

Cb

I guess it really depends on what you want it for, While it is one of the safest carry guns around, I would'nt consider it an EDC, it's Pricey, Heavy by modern standards, limited magazine capacity (although that's not really an issue) it's also costly to repair if it takes a beating from carrying. And while these are moot points and it would perform well as a carry gun, there are better alternatives out there IMHO.

But if you want one just to have one and shoot it at the range, then by all means, Get it. They are well made and very unique in both design and appearance, definately an attention getter, plus they have one of the lightest smoothest triggers I've ever pulled on any gun.

Bottom line is, You can't go wrong really with a P7 - But if it's going to be your only handgun, I'd look into something else. YMMV.

TJB
    Recoil Happens

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by lhowland.40 View Post
    Call me shallow but I'd go with the r1 just because the 1911 is the sexiest design ever IMO. Not taking anything away from the hk because they build great guns but the p7 is on the uglier side.
    Ugly, how dare you The P7 is one sexy looking piece ! Haven't been made in a while so I'm sure the value and prices will continue to rise. I bought mine a couple years ago for $499 which was fairly average and they are already up to $750+. But more importantly, a solid, accurate gun that with the squeeze cocker is incredibly safe to carry. You can get a 1911 anywhere, go for the P7 for the reasons above, and a better carry piece if that's what you want it for.

(Northumberland County)

Well after careful consideration I bought them both pics to come soon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast