Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Beretta PX4 Storm

I've done some research on this gun and it seems very promising. I plan on picking up the fullsize in 9mm in July, the F model I believe with the manual safety/decocker. Anybody have some first hand experience with the PX4? Don't try and sell me on glocks please I'm really not a fan of the double action only for my own reasons.

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Beretta PX4 Storm

I have one and since your next door in Bucks County it is only a short drive if you want to try it out out sometime . I always like to try pistols out before a I buy them. Brian / EFR
    www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor

(Columbia County)

I have one in 9mm and although I haven't shot it as much as I'd like to, it is a great gun. The rotating barrel is a clever concept and mine is far more accurate than it needs to be in my hands. No complaints whatsoever. You'll be pleased with it.

The PX4 platform is a very under rated pistol. Beretta took many of the best features from the Cougar, EliteII, Models with the Brig Slide and the dash-2.
    The PX4 Full size is every bit as accurate as the EII.

Uses the rotating barrel design like the Cougar but beefed up.
    The DA pull is much lighter than an FS , about the same as the D sprung EIIs.
    Dovetailed front sight and the ability to replace the decoker safety and turn it into a "G"function with just swapping in the stealth levers to make it a decoker only.
    Changable backstraps and grips which are closer to the original ergos of the M9/FS frames.(although I prefer a slip on pc. of rubber on mine).

You can also get them in a Constant action (Striker Fire) or a DAO.

Mine has been 100% reliable and eats everything.
    I carry a PX4SC with 100% confidence.

I also have one in 45acp it is a very nice gun. Its ergonomic is really great it has a nice feel in hand and features simialr to the 92/96s and almost exactly like t6e Cougar. The gun is fun and easy to shoot even in 45acp the rotating barrel feature has it pluse and minuses in my book. It pluses is that it does reduce felt recoil helping to stay on target. Its minues is the little extra it takes to break down and clean. Not a big deal but a little extra care is needed to line everything up. It is accurate and fun to shoot, some have to make an adjustment because the rear sighs wide opening some even require that the sighst be replaced which is easy because they are sloted unlike the standard 92/96. I shoot it just fine inside 25 yards with factory sights. Its only a 9-8 shot pistol your 9mm is a 17 round gun.

Some don't like the shine on nightsights to make them glow. Free I don't mind.
    Last edited by Neko456; June 22nd, 2012 at 09:55 AM.

(Dauphin County)

I love my PX4. Everything about it but the saftey is hard to use while maintaining a shooting grip. But thats it. Its accurate, smooth shooting, handles recoil great. Everything. I will never part with mine. I agree this handgun gets over-looked far too often.

(Monroe County)

just a side note we noticed a huge muzzle flash on the compact version with standard 115g ammo, 9mm of course.

i have one...... buuuuut its in .177
    Attached Images Attached Images

(Greene County)

Great choice! I actually made a post on here about a month ago when I purchased the Px4 compact type F in .40 cal. Shoots great, I put it through the ringer and shot about every kind of ammo through it (including garbage Tula-Ammo steel cased), and it's yet to have any kind of failure. The only gripe I have about it is the safety/decocker sticks out pretty far, I purchased a Crossbreed Supertuck style holster for it, I leave the safety off while carrying it because in certain situations it would be hard to manipulate the safety quick enough and get a shot off, and because of how far the safety lever sticks out it has scuffed up the leather on the holster pretty bad, and that's after only about 2 weeks of owning it. I've heard there's a replacement lever that can be purchased for it, so I'm going to look into that. That's only minor though, overall for the price, if you don't like Glocks and with the price on XDM's getting higher everytime I go to the gun shop, you're not going to get a better firearm. I own a full size XDM .45 acp, XD .40 cal, Ruger P95, CZ 75b and the Px4 and if SHTF I'm grabbing the Px4 or CZ (Px4 first choice since its in .40 cal). You'll definatly be satisfied with your purchase!

The Maryland State Police have decided to drop the Beretta PX4 Storm. Magazine issues are the reported cause for the change.

http://www.wbaltv.com/news/maryland/...#ixzz1yZFAAjHK

Rick

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast