Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Marlin Glenfield 25

Like the fellow above, I joined the forum just to download the manual! I bought an M25 a few months ago, used. Many, many thanks!

tgk

The only problem I've had with mine is over time the plastic followers in the mags will break. Earlier guns than mine had metal followers. I got mine in the late 70's. Out of the ten mags I bought with it I have three left with unbroken followers.

(Bucks County)

My brother bought me a Glenfield Marlin M 25 for my 16th birthday in 1979. He bought the rifle from Edelman's in Montgomeryville. The rifle was my first rimfire and I still have it.
    C & R License Holder, Delaware Valley Fish & Game Assoc,
    Penna Rifle & Pistol Assoc, Forks of the Delaware Historical Arms Society, and NRA Lifetime Member.

(Lebanon County)

I have 2 of them. They're surprisingly accurate.
    I do have a problem with Eley ammo in them though, I get quite a few misfires. I've replaced the firing pins in both of them. That helped a bit, but didn't resolve the problem. I'll just stay from that ammo.
    All in all, they're great guns. If I saw another one for a decent price I wouldn't hesitate to buy it.
    (Kids & grandkids ya know).

I don't have a short temper, I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Thumbs up Re: Marlin Glenfield 25

Thanks for the manual. It was very helpful. Our summer camp has owned six of these rifles since 1972. 1 of them is now junk, one is missing a bolt, but four of them are in fair shape. I learned to shoot with these rifles when I was 10 and now I'm the director so I can shoot them anytime I want!

(Pike County)

Talking Re: Marlin Glenfield 25

I have a M 25 since my 12 birthday and I love to shoot this one,mine has a tasco 3-9-40,a small muzzlebreak,harris bipod,a camo leather cover for the stock and the barrel,bipod and scope are camo painted,is just a mini sniper rifle ,I can say is my sweetest gun to shoot,from the 3 mags only one has the follower broke,still my favorite one...........
    "one loves to possess arms, tho they hope never to have occasion for them." Thomas Jefferson in a letter to George Washington 6/19/1796glockguy68...shoot safe...NRA member...US infidel...

(Pike County)

I have an M 25 for a couple of years now. It shoots a little under 1” groups off a benchrest at 100-yards and under ½” at 50-yards, when I do my part.

The other day at the range, the guy next to me asked what I was shooting and commented that was a bit of a stretch at 100 yards. He was shooting a .223 and a 7mm and when we went down range to check our targets, his groups were twice mine. That shut him right up.

You just can’t go wrong with a Marlin.

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid-a-hand on.
    I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. - John Wayne - The Shootist

Many of the truths we cling to... depend greatly on our own point of view. - Obi-Wan Kenobi

(Northampton County)

Cool Re: Marlin Glenfield 25

Hello everyone

I joined because I saw the manual posted here. My dad has a model 25 from before I was born. I am 36 now. I used that to first learn how to shoot a firearm with. We have taken some squirrels and whole bunch of groundhogs with it. And we intend to take a lot more! Thanks for the manual!

(Pike County)

Welcome aboard.

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid-a-hand on.
    I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. - John Wayne - The Shootist

Many of the truths we cling to... depend greatly on our own point of view. - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Hey all, i just signed up to see the manual, but i have a simple question...

What ammo have you found shoots well enough for plinking at 25yd to 50yd in your Glenfield Model 25? I dug my dad's M25 out of the attic yesterday and it had a box (500rds) of .22lr Rem Thunderbolt with it. I've read enough bad stories about this ammo to know i don't really want to use it in this rifle. I can't justify expensive ammo for shooting cans, but i want something a little better than the regular bulk stuff. Any recommendations?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast