Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My New Sig P938

(Allegheny County)

Default My New Sig P938

Picked this little guy up last week and finally shot it yesterday. Sig P938 Extreme

I had only an Hour to put 200 rounds down the pipe for a somewhat torture test to see if it could handle it. the gun was easy to shoot, not bad on recoil, and accurate. i had to rapid fire most of the rounds due to bad weather approaching, but managed to get all 200 shot.

i fired 14 rounds into one target (not Pictured) and 186 into the one pictured.

the 14 rounds were the first 7 shots out of 200 and the last 7 shots of the 200 rounds fired.

needless to say the gun ran like a champ, not one issue at all except the grip screws came loose.

all shots were from 21 feet and 30 feet as fast as i could load an fire the gun (bad Storms all day yesterday).

Μολὼν λαβέ

(Clinton County)

Default Re: My New Sig P938

Omg, I am so in love! I really like the style of the one you have. Did they come out with multiple configurations? I have the p238 rosewood and its my edc. Do you know how much bigger this one is compared to the .380 version? I would guess the grip is a little deeper from the trigger guard to the rear to fit the longer casing. This would make a great pocket gun if its the same size as the p238.

I've only owned one sig sauer and I've been very impressed so far. Been a big Kimber fan and love the 1911 style, especially the mini ones you can get nowadays.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Gixxer View Post
    Omg, I am so in love! I really like the style of the one you have. Did they come out with multiple configurations? I have the p238 rosewood and its my edc. Do you know how much bigger this one is compared to the .380 version? I would guess the grip is a little deeper from the trigger guard to the rear to fit the longer casing. This would make a great pocket gun if its the same size as the p238.

I've only owned one sig sauer and I've been very impressed so far. Been a big Kimber fan and love the 1911 style, especially the mini ones you can get nowadays.

the size difference in the P238 to the P938 is as follows

1/2" longer barrel
    1/8" front to back grip length
    1/100th" wider overall

it fits in my P238 holster and i can still carry it in my back pocket with the flush fit mag.

we have two Nightmares left in stock at Ace Sporting Goods if your interested

the number is 724-222-5470
    Μολὼν λαβέ

(Westmoreland County)

At least it's a single action.

(Allegheny County)

after 130 rounds that little bugger was smokin hot and hard to hold onto. I have blisters on my fingers from burning them on the gun
    Μολὼν λαβέ

(Bucks County)

I just ordered one in equinox, can't wait to get it!!!

(Allegheny County)

Equinox won't be ready for shipping until August. that's what our Sig Rep told us. Extremes were first followed by the Nightmares
    Μολὼν λαβέ

(Allegheny County)

any idea on availability of the Blackwood? Im ready to swap my P238!!

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by renegadephoenix View Post
    Equinox won't be ready for shipping until August. that's what our Sig Rep told us. Extremes were first followed by the Nightmares
    Damn, wish it was sooner. They didn't have a date yet so he ordered the rosewood and equinox. I will probably be impatient and just take whatever they get first

Quote Originally Posted by renegadephoenix View Post
    Picked this little guy up last week and finally shot it yesterday. Sig P938 Extreme

I had only an Hour to put 200 rounds down the pipe for a somewhat torture test to see if it could handle it. the gun was easy to shoot, not bad on recoil, and accurate. i had to rapid fire most of the rounds due to bad weather approaching, but managed to get all 200 shot.

i fired 14 rounds into one target (not Pictured) and 186 into the one pictured.

the 14 rounds were the first 7 shots out of 200 and the last 7 shots of the 200 rounds fired.

needless to say the gun ran like a champ, not one issue at all except the grip screws came loose.

all shots were from 21 feet and 30 feet as fast as i could load an fire the gun (bad Storms all day yesterday).

Did the gun shoot point of impact for you? I watched a couple of vids on YouTube where they were complaining that the gun shot low at 7 yards.

How does is feel with the 7rnd mag vs the 6rnd? Is there a noticeable difference in recoil and/or overall control?

This gun is very high on my must have list right now. Even my wife is on-board with getting one and she is not a small gun fan.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast