Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Why the Sig P250 is pure genious....

Ever been to a company Christmas party at a strip club? The club is usually in a bad neighborhood, yet they pat you down on the way in the door - forcing you to either leave your pistol at home or vulnerable to theft in your car.

The Sig P250 is the solution to this problem. The serialized frame is a tiny piece of sheet metal that contains all the lockwork and pops right out of the polymer overframe without tools. You can simply pop it out and slip it in your pocket, leaving the unserialized gun parts in your car.

If these parts get stolen, you won't have to explain to the police why you left a handgun in your car and possibly have your CCW revoked. Besides, they can be ordered online without involving an FFL.

The serialized frame is only a bit larger than a cigarette lighter, and is not easily recognizable as a firearm frame. Chances are it won't be discovered should they pat you down at the door.

This is the perfect solution to most of these scenarios.

(Chester County)

Default Re: Why the Sig P250 is pure genious....

Somehow I don't think Sig Sauer was thinking of strip clubs when they built this new pistol. They were thinking of the parts market.

It's a centralized component that is the actual weapon. The grips, barrels, magazines, etc... are going to allow the customer to "build" his own custom pistol from the various components.

Want to have a gun that can be both fullsize and compact? Sure thing. Just pop the mechanism out of one and put it into the other.

It is genius.

EDIT:: You are right though. It could be taken apart as you suggested.
    Μολὼν λάβε

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by PisnNapalm View Post
    Somehow I don't think Sig Sauer was thinking of strip clubs when they built this new pistol. They were thinking of the parts market.

It's a centralized component that is the actual weapon. The grips, barrels, magazines, etc... are going to allow the customer to "build" his own custom pistol from the various components.

Want to have a gun that can be both fullsize and compact? Sure thing. Just pop the mechanism out of one and put it into the other.

It is genius.
    The modular design in itself makes it a very good design. However, a much more important benefit to this design (intended or not) is that people who are not permitted to bring guns into their office building, for example, can now simply pop the serialized frame into their pocket and leave the other parts in their car - without having to worry about losing their CCW in the event that they have a gun stolen from their car. This frame is very easy to conceal and not readily regocnizeable as a firearm to the average person.

Parts are just parts, the frame is the regulated item.

(Chester County)

I got to check on out a few days ago. It's very easy to take apart and reassemble.
    Μολὼν λάβε

(Allegheny County)

I really want one but I think I'll wait at least a year to make sure they all the kinks out.
    "Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician" Col. Jeff Cooper (U.S.M.C. Ret.)
    Speed is fine, Accuracy is final

(Lawrence County)

Thumbs up Re: Why the Sig P250 is pure genious....

I bought one about thre weeks ago in 9mm and put about 300 rounds through it with no hic ups.

(Montgomery County)

I'm hoping the 45 comes out shortly
    Glock Certified Armorer, GSSF Member, NRA Member

(Cumberland County)

agreed...i want the 45....i have the 9mm and love it...but i prefer REAL handgun calibers...
    MOLON LABE

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHands View Post
    agreed...i want the 45....i have the 9mm and love it...but i prefer REAL handgun calibers...

I'm pretty sure that if a 9mm passed through your body, the last thing you'd be calling it is fake.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHands View Post
    I never heard of any criminal that was shot say---"Whew, thank god that was only a 9"
    Quote Originally Posted by tbmatthews82 View Post
    I'm pretty sure that if a 9mm passed through your body, the last thing you'd be calling it is fake.
    u ain't kidding...
    No Ticky...No Laundry...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast