Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Clinton County)

Default Re: Modified semi-auto for hunting (legally)

Quote Originally Posted by bolski View Post
    What pisses me off is that there are some real a$$holes out there with a lever action that are a lot more dangerous than me with an automatic. Fact, I know 3 off hand. I'd even take a 3 shot max clip reg just to be able to use a semi auto, just because I have an accurate AR Maybe there should be shooting test done before license can be purchased. My 2 cents........Not trying to start a argument with Lever guys, just saying I know some dangerous dudes that I d never hunt near.
    I agree that there will always be those A-holes no matter what they are carrying.

The 3 shot magazine restriction is one of many sensible restrictions that many wouldn't find terrible in order to hunt with a semi.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Gixxer View Post
    In the end, its his choice. Whatever his motives may be, we should be encouraging him to do at the least what's legal and not what we believe is personally acceptable. Maybe some day the law will change and we won't worry about what kind of gun we can take out.
    Well stated. I think this is a good discussion, and this comment is the right attitude. Work with the law, don't fear it.

(York County)

I fit wasn't for the law we would have a thing!

(Columbia County)

Three shot mag??? Never seen one for an ak mine had a 5rd cuz a loaded 30rd was way too heavy and very awkward
    ZRT: SECTOR 3(SNIPER) Among othe tasks...

(York County)

just an example

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Gixxer View Post
    I agree that there will always be those A-holes no matter what they are carrying.

The 3 shot magazine restriction is one of many sensible restrictions that many wouldn't find terrible in order to hunt with a semi.
    i wouldnt, the ar is perfect for groundhog. it can be fitted with uppers in many sizes fgrom small to for large game. throw on the upper with optic attached and go. same feel,trigger,etc.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by CL3 View Post
    Well stated. I think this is a good discussion, and this comment is the right attitude. Work with the law, don't fear it.
    Yup, thats what I was going for, trying to work with the law. I do not want to hunt with my AK just to draw attention to myself, or to be different, or whatever else; I want to use it purely because I am most comfortable with it, it is my favorite firearm thus far.

However, whatever I end up doing with the rifle, I still want to be able to use it as an AK outside of hunting, so anything I do to it will have to only be temporary, or just have parts at home to rework it back to original after hunting.

Im not really worried about having every game warden approach me during a hunt; if the gun is legally modified I shouldnt have anything to fear. Besides, how many people have actually seen a game warden? Theyre few and far between.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by West Chester View Post
    Convert it to pump action

How did you convert it to pump action? and can it easily be converted back to semi-auto?

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowfin View Post
    Modify the gun? No, we need to modify the law.
    thats the preferable scenario! Is there anything in the works right now to try and pass semi-auto hunting? If not, how would one go about trying to get this started? I would be perfectly fine with having a mag restriction (3 rounds, or 5 rounds?)...ideally I shouldnt need more than 1 shot to drop my target, and I am not the type to simply unload a magazine

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by nick2570 View Post
    thats the preferable scenario! Is there anything in the works right now to try and pass semi-auto hunting? If not, how would one go about trying to get this started? I would be perfectly fine with having a mag restriction (3 rounds, or 5 rounds?)...ideally I shouldnt need more than 1 shot to drop my target, and I am not the type to simply unload a magazine
    Currently there are a few stepping stone bills that have been put forth but have stalled and are doing nothing. First thing to do is to call the House reps to motivate them to get them moving.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123