Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Blue Book Pistol Values

Does anyone have a Blue Book of guns they can look up these two pistols for me? Thanks

Taurus PT945 4" SS
    Model #1-945049
    45 ACP
    Purchased new in 1998 and in excellent condition less than 100 rounds through it.

Taurus PT111 3-1/4" DL
    Model #1-111031
    9mm
    Purchased new in 2001 or 2002 and in excellent condition less than 150 rounds through it
    Shooting is, as it has always been, the fabric of America!

Default Re: Blue Book Pistol Values

95% value (you have the box, manual, all accessories that came with the gun, new, all original parts, and gun looks new) is around $300 for the 111 and $365 for the 945, though used prices for each range between $250 and $325 for the 111 and $300 to $450 for the 945. The last two 945's I saw sold over the net were right at $300 and $479 is the most I've seen one listed for, used. The 111 is $300 all day and can be gotten cheaper depending on the seller. These are decent guns that with the right deburring and polishing, can be made to shoot much better than out of the box. Mass produced Tauruses in the years you have listed are not known for holding their value because so many were returned for repair. The 945, however, is based off the PT 92, but has a fully enclosed slide, and is a very reliable and nice looking handgun. Field strips just like the 92. If every gun field stripped as easy as the PT 945 or the 92, we would have a lot more group hugs at the range.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

Unless you find a buyer that just got to have a Taurus I've founded that there ain't much market for old used Taurus. They will sale but a lot less then what you paid for them been my experience.

I'd say you have to sale or trade them for what you can get for them not what you want. And be willing to bargain. Push the transferable LTW.

Taurus new series are much more valuable and wanted. Good luck on your sale!

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Neko456 View Post
    Unless you find a buyer that just got to have a Taurus I've founded that there ain't much market for old used Taurus. They will sale but a lot less then what you paid for them been my experience.

I'd say you have to sale or trade them for what you can get for them not what you want. And be willing to bargain. Push the transferable LTW.

Taurus new series are much more valuable and wanted. Good luck on your sale!
    Agreed. The 111 is FAR from being worth $300 as first responder posted. FAR. Those first gen milleniums are less desirable than latest ones. More like $200. The 945 you might get $300, maybe. Realistically I would say $275 if you're lucky. Taurus' are not a value-holding weapon. Other than older Colts and S&W's, none are. If you are talking selling to a gun shop, forget about it. You will be RAPED!

Quote Originally Posted by Sparxfly72 View Post
    Agreed. The 111 is FAR from being worth $300 as first responder posted. FAR.
    The OP wanted actual numbers from an accredited appraisial guide, which is what I gave him before I added my opinions, which is basically the same as yours. The numbers come from 'Gun Digest Modern Gun Prices, 2012' PT 111 ex cond $300 add $15 for two tone and $80 for night sights...total: $395. PT 945 is actually $400, not $365 (looked at wrong category) add $40 for ported barrel and add $40 for gold finish on controls...total $480. The numbers from the 'Gun Digest 7th Edition, 2012' are virtually the same. I suppose if the OP wanted numbers that I grabbed from the seat of my pants, I'd have done what you did. Now is where my opinion is starting: I do not think the 111 is worth more than $300, even if it is unfired, but it is worth $300 all day if it functions well and and looks new and it has very low rounds/unfired. To the person not acquainted with Taurus of yesteryear, they may pay $350 or more for one. With some of the pocket shit guns going for $350 nowadays, I'd take a good operating 111 anyday. As for the two 945's I saw for $300 on the net, they were pretty worn looking and both had blast marks at the muzzle. This is actually a very well rated gun that still sells for $500 in new, unfired condition. In 10 years, the price of a nice PT 945 will approach $800, or more.

The most basic PT 1911B in ex. cond. is worth $550, now, according to both guides. That is the average price I paid for the 6 that I now have, and the PT 1911 9mm I got for $500 square. It is also at $550 in the books. What is point? You won't get rich if you buy a Taurus, but you can get out of one for little loss if you sell it outright, as long as you keep it in good condition. Two out of nine gun shops in my town will even take a Taurus on trade, so it is no secret their trade in value is for shit, but it is mostly because they are already inexpensive compared to others and they are being built faster than a rabbit can multiply.
    Last edited by harold63; June 16th, 2012 at 03:26 PM.

(Bucks County)

Blue Book doesn't mean shit. It isn't reality. It's like Blue Book for cars...meaningless unless you are being compensated from total loss by insurance company. Maybe he is planning on them being stolen?? You are correct, I was giving my opinion, not Blue Book...which is ridiculously worthless. His first gen pt111 is NOT a 3rd gen, which may or may not bring $300. I can tell you this..1st gen or 3rd..I wouldn't give more than $200 for a used Taurus, if I was so inclined to piss my money away on a Taurus. My "seat of the pants" opinion I'll wager is ALOT closer to reality than some book value.

Edit: checked gunbroker for both the pt111 and pt945....ZERO bids for both..at ANY price. Point, set , match.
    Last edited by Sparxfly72; June 16th, 2012 at 07:17 PM. Reason: gunbroker check

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by itsmyright View Post
    Does anyone have a Blue Book of guns they can look up these two pistols for me? Thanks

Taurus PT945 4" SS
    Model #1-945049
    45 ACP
    Purchased new in 1998 and in excellent condition less than 100 rounds through it.

Taurus PT111 3-1/4" DL
    Model #1-111031
    9mm
    Purchased new in 2001 or 2002 and in excellent condition less than 150 rounds through it
    OK, I see you are from Phila. My advise for you is to look up Double Action indoor shooting range/gun shop in Yeadon, Pa. No, I don't own the store nor do I have any interest in your decision. I have had first hand experience with them. They manage to get top dollar for guns on consignment. They price them high and if the gun is "pretty", it will probably be a quick sale. The terms is $50. fee to the owner/seller, no matter how much they get for the weapon. As far as the elusive "blue book", they will, in most cases, get a few bucks higher.

Their clientele are not the sharpest tools in the shed and basically are impulse buyers. I have used them twice and I was quite pleased with the results. Quite honestly, no informed buyer would of given what this shop got for my guns. Especially handguns. Not to good for long guns unless they are black. The last time I was there, I found that most of their guns were on consignment and their prices were through the roof. Didn't matter what I thought, these guys sold the guns to the local customers that came in and just could not live without that shiny gun, ya know, the one on the second shelf. Yes, the silver one.
    Last edited by c45man; June 16th, 2012 at 09:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparxfly72 View Post
    Blue Book doesn't mean shit. It isn't reality. It's like Blue Book for cars...meaningless unless you are being compensated from total loss by insurance company. Maybe he is planning on them being stolen?? You are correct, I was giving my opinion, not Blue Book...which is ridiculously worthless. His first gen pt111 is NOT a 3rd gen, which may or may not bring $300. I can tell you this..1st gen or 3rd..I wouldn't give more than $200 for a used Taurus, if I was so inclined to piss my money away on a Taurus. My "seat of the pants" opinion I'll wager is ALOT closer to reality than some book value.

Edit: checked gunbroker for both the pt111 and pt945....ZERO bids for both..at ANY price. Point, set , match.
    http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...ducts_id/13492

Here is a NIB PT 111 for $342, not including all of the other mad fuck fees. More notable, read what one of the customers said about not wanting to purchase the PT 111 because of reliability problems, but purchased it anyway. How many more people buy a gun that gets bad reviews? Sorry dude, it looks like your opinion is just that. The OP wanted facts and that's what I gave him. That folks, is the Grand Slam.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by 300WM View Post
    http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...ducts_id/13492

Here is a NIB PT 111 for $342, not including all of the other mad fuck fees. More notable, read what one of the customers said about not wanting to purchase the PT 111 because of reliability problems, but purchased it anyway. How many more people buy a gun that gets bad reviews? Sorry dude, it looks like your opinion is just that. The OP wanted facts and that's what I gave him. That folks, is the Grand Slam.
    Sorry Charlie. That is what it is being ADVERTISED for....NEW. OP's gun is 10yrs old! The FACTS are what ppl actually PAY for a 10yr old PT111. HERE is what someone actually PAID for a USED PT111. And this one was a 3rd gen, not a 1st gen like the OP's. How much did it sell for? $350? no. $300? no. $250? no...$195. Just like I said.The ruling on the field has been overturned. Player was ineligible and disqualified. NO grand slam. YOUUUUUUUUUR OUT!! bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. game over.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by itsmyright View Post
    Does anyone have a Blue Book of guns they can look up these two pistols for me?
    I rule in favor of 300WM for actually answering the question.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast