Quote Originally Posted by twency View Post
It also guarantees that the references know that you're apply for a LTCF which if I recall correctly is supposed to be kept confidential, but I can't find the relevant statute at the moment.
Actually, I want my refs to know that I am applying for a LTCF to be sure that that will give me a favorable "report" in case the sheriff does contact them. I would not list a ref without telling them and without being sure they speak favorably of me carrying a gun

The statute you refer to is from:

18 Pa.C.S. § 6111: Sale or transfer of firearms

(i) Confidentiality.-- All information provided by the potential purchaser, transferee or applicant, including, but not limited to, the potential purchaser, transferee or applicant's name or identity, furnished by a potential purchaser or transferee under this section or any applicant for a license to carry a firearm as provided by section 6109 shall be confidential and not subject to public disclosure.

In addition to any other sanction or penalty imposed by this chapter, any person, licensed dealer, State or local governmental agency or department that violates this subsection shall be liable in civil damages in the amount of $1,000 per occurrence or three times the actual damages incurred as a result of the violation, whichever is greater, as well as reasonable attorney fees.