Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Polish MAG 98

(Cumberland County)

Default Polish MAG 98

Anyone know anything about them ? Can pick them up pretty cheap, just not sure if they are worth it. Before today, I've never heard of them. This is what is said about them :

Issued by Polish authorities to the border guard and elite high security prison guards, this solid double action pistol is a dream to shoot! Borrowing the best aspects of many modern Browning type handguns, the perfectly balanced double action MAG 98 features an ambi decocker, perfect for right or left hand shooters, a serrated trigger guard and front strap and a high capacity 15 round mag. The barrel of this very accurate locking breech pistol is chrome lined for long life and corrosion resistance. Comes with an actual duty holster, spare mag., mag. loader and the original cleaning rod. Barrel: 4.5", Overall: 7.9", Weight: 2.32 lbs.

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Polish MAG 98

I caught this ad as well. I already have several polish made 9x18 mm pistols - they are very well made and accurate. My only concern would be what is the double action only trigger pull 8lbs -10 lbs- 15 lbs is it going to be a bear to shoot. At $299.00 is a pretty good entry level pistol from Poland ,not concerned about quality but the trigger pull may be horrendous and that will effect the shooters overall group size. Brian / EFR ps this might be one to tinker with at this price.
    www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ahearn View Post
    I caught this ad as well. I already have several polish made 9x18 mm pistols - they are very well made and accurate. My only concern would be what is the double action only trigger pull 8lbs -10 lbs- 15 lbs is it going to be a bear to shoot. At $299.00 is a pretty good entry level pistol from Poland ,not concerned about quality but the trigger pull may be horrendous and that will effect the shooters overall group size. Brian / EFR ps this might be one to tinker with at this price.
    Yeah, I saw them 299 used too, but they are also available 316 new - hmmmm, decisions, decisions !

(Northampton County)

Who had them for $316.00 new ,Brian / EFR

(Northampton County)

I thought these were double action only ,I just reread J&G's ad states DA/SA comes with 2 15 round mags holster, cleaning rod blah blah blah. G- VG $299.00,
    Vg-Excellent add $30.00 . This does sound like something I may want to tinker with, I like polish pistols to already ,this would not be much of a stretch to add something like this to my collection-still want to know who has them new for $316.00 Brian / EFR

(Cumberland County)

Buds - they are advertised as double action???

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...+4.5+ALY+DT+15

(Cumberland County)

I have the VIP membership with Buds so I just emailed them to ask about the DA/SA thing. They should get back to me pretty quick, I'll let you know what they say. For $316 out the door though, not sure if I can pass

The ones at Buds are used too. Just about everything they list in the Century Arms category is. Looks like its about the same package - holster, spare mag, etc.

Shipping is included in the $316 price from Buds though. From J&G I think you have to add it. Probably comes out pretty close though.

(Northampton County)

I think I will pop on one of these just for the hell of it. I will get one from J&G's , I will just get the cheaper one for $299.00 looks like it comes with a decent holster as well . I have to take my carry weapon out of the duty line up anyway-carried so much there is not much finish left on the slide starting to rust and I don't want pitting on a $1400 dollar carry pistol -Cz 75 Pro-Tek. I just need to put some cerakote on the slide. I can play with the Mag (8 for a few weeks and if I like I can always spruce it up down the road. The barrel in the J&G pic looks like new. Most likely these pistols were carried more than shot. For $299.00 what the hell i will go for it. Brian / EFR

(Cumberland County)

Buds responded that they are da/sa and are changing description. Im now asking why they are listed as new vs used.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast