Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Polish MAG 98

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: Polish MAG 98

Got second response - they are surplus!

(Northampton County)

I have one on the way now I opted for the vg to excellent paid $329.00 when It come in we will take some photos of it and the Sar k-2 that I got about 1 1/2 weeks ago. Should arrive Mon -Tues, I get it out to the range and we will see what we got. Brian / EFR
    www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor

(Lancaster County)

Hmm, looks like a GREAT gun which is happening just before I have the money to buy it... AGAIN...
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Northampton County)

The Polish Mag 98 just arrived from J&G's paid the extra $30.00 bucks for excellent condition, decent holster-duty type will hold the extra mag. Condition on frame is excellent, slide shows some chipping of the coating which appears to be some type of a poly coating, pistol is very much like a sig. Very nice single and double action trigger which appears to pretty much copy sigs design excet for the decocker which is mounted at the rear of the frame. this feature I like its easy to reach and operate. Barrel is chromed and looks like new. This pistol looks like it sat in the holster more than it was shot. The slide could use refinished but it is not necessary the rear sight has a ugly white u painted on it. I will take care of the rear sight issue. We will shoot it on Thrusday morning and I will get back to you with function and how accurate it is . We will take some pics at the range as well. Pics of the sar k@ are done I will try to have all the photos up by Friday. Overall its I am impressed so far. Brian / EFR

(Northampton County)

Just got back from EFGA Range shot the Polish Mag 98 and I must say I was impressed ,the trigger is as nice as any sig that I have owned . shooting today was done at 7 yards using S&B 9mm ammo standing 2 hands modified weaver stance group . I shot 4 groups with each one getting smaller. This is a very good basic combat pistol a bargin at the $299.00 price - I paid $329.00 for one in better condition and added one extra mag. If I get another one I will get the $299.00 variety and get 2 extra mags instead. I had 2 other friends shoot it and they had no problem getting a decent group out of it. My son is processing the phots now so that we can get them up as soon as possible . Brian / EFR

(Cumberland County)

Let's see those pics I'm still on the fence, do I get, do I not get. Do I go J&G or Buds, ahhhhh, decisions, decisions !!!

(Northampton County)

sorry about the delay here are the photos of the Mag 98 and targets. One of the 2 who shot yesterday is ordering one this afternoon . Me wel I am carrying mine already.

(Montgomery County)

It's a pretty good looking gun too (except for that rear sight as you mentioned). For that price if I were really looking to buy something I might go for that.

My problem now is that I haven't had much time to shoot. Hell, I've bought three guns since the last time I went shooting which means I have three new/new to me guns that I haven't even shot yet. Does it sound like I have a problem?

(Northampton County)

Yeah I have shot it twice now and the only thing that I don't like is the crappy paint on the rear sight. That problem is easily solved though. Now I really can help you with the other issue. When I get new pistols I have to shoot them ,I will find the time and the ammo. Brian / EFR

(Cumberland County)

It does look nice - good buy. Now I have to make decisions - there are 3 or 4 different one's I want so have to narrow it down for now

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast